• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Dealer Review #9 - Superworld Comics

23 posts in this topic

I have bought a handful of books in the past from this gentleman. Usually they were overgraded a tad, and he corrected it. Extremely nice guy, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

Been buying some gold/early silver Strange Adventures from him. So far, all have arrived very accurately graded and safely and quickly shipped. He gave me some really good discounts, and after shopping around a bit had the best deals around.

Thanks again!

Shawn

I like their want list set up for searching for books. Very nicely put together. Still haven't taken the plunge with them. Probably will buy from them early next year.

You won't come across a nicer dealer than Ted. I wouldn't hesitate to give him a call. thumbsup2.gif

Here's another proof of Ted's attitude. Yesterday in the Month thread I found out that the book Parade of Pleasure mentions a panel in Wings 115 where a female character ends the story by asking a guy to bend over! I don't own the comic but Kakapo PMed me that Ted has a copy in inventory. I emailed him yesterday right after the PM and by this morning I have full scan of said page. I don't know Ted very well and I am sure he doesn't know who I am but he came through with flying colors. I can think of some dealers that I know would simply have ignored my email. So here's to Ted 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh and that panel ... I am putting it in the Month thread.

Here's another proof of Ted's attitude. Yesterday in the Month thread I found out that the book Parade of Pleasure mentions a panel in Wings 115 where a female character ends the story by asking a guy to bend over! I don't own the comic but Kakapo PMed me that Ted has a copy in inventory. I emailed him yesterday right after the PM and by this morning I have full scan of said page. I don't know Ted very well and I am sure he doesn't know who I am but he came through with flying colors. I can think of some dealers that I know would simply have ignored my email. So here's to Ted 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh and that panel ... I am putting it in the Month thread.

In 2002 or so I purchased a Jackpot #5 off Ted for around $450 bucks, graded VG+. The book looked really nice, but had some glue holding part of the cover on. I called Ted about it, and he immediately offered me $100 off or I could send the book back for a refund. I was so happy I said "Just send me $50 and we'll call it even".

There's a reason I still purchase from dealers with pleasant personalities! This is a hobby folks; I absolutely refuse to deal with dealers with crappy attitudes!

(Just spent another $450 with Ted this week!)

Shawn

Ted is the absolute favorite dealer I regularly do business with. Thing is he is a true hobbyist as well. He also has a wicked sense of humor - very sharp - but he gets my obscure joke so I am somewhat prejudiced. I remember a few months ago I casually mentioned something I saw on GCD and he said "What's GCD?'. I thought he was making a typical joke but no - he was unfamiliar with the Grand Comics Database so I led him to it while we were on the phone and I the next few minutes just entering different titles and and getting really excited about the layout and the information etc. He is still like a kid when it comes to comic books.

As far as dealing with him? No one is better. He will stand on his head and eat a bug if he has to to make the deal right. Returns are never a problem and he will be first to say "Well, looks like I putzed THAT one! You can send it back or I can refund you XXX dollars from the price."

For me, any convention Ted is at is better for his presence. If you go to a convention he is at, seek him out. Chat with him a bit. I guarantee you will be laughing in a minute or less.