• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMICLINK - It's illegal to charge credit card surcharges!

101 posts in this topic

popcorn.gif actually after all the dirty little deeds going on with Heritage, Pedigree etc etc, this seems like small potatoes these days. I still agree that its just another example of a B$D bleeding the system - illegally too, for every penny.

popcorn.gif actually after all the dirty little deeds going on with Heritage, Pedigree etc etc, this seems like small potatoes these days. I still agree that its just another example of a B$D bleeding the system - illegally too, for every penny.

It's just the cost of doing business. Perhaps his books would be much harder to sell or consign if he didn't accept credit cards.

So, who should I contact about this? NY State Attorney's office, or file a complaint?

I mean no other dealers I buy from charge this!

Actually if it is worded as a 3% cash discount is it really illegal? Kinda like taking the Heritage fee into account when throwing a bid on their auctions...bid accordingly (not that any one on these boards buys from heritage) yeahok.gif

In Canada, ( i could be wrong ) , but i think with all purchases made with a credit card, the card company charges the business selling the product 3%. But most companies just eat this, and some will add it to the customer.

Actually if it is worded as a 3% cash discount is it really illegal? Kinda like taking the Heritage fee into account when throwing a bid on their auctions...bid accordingly (not that any one on these boards buys from heritage) yeahok.gif

Did you visit my link? Please go back and read. That's not how it's worded. mad.gif

You are allowed to give a discount for cash. You are not allowed to charge a customer a surcharge for using a credit card. If you are charged a surcharge, you should contact your credit card company and report the offending dealer. If enough complaints are filed the dealer could lose the right to take that companies card as payment.