• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMICLINK - It's illegal to charge credit card surcharges!

101 posts in this topic

40k was used as an example cause the math was very easy...4 being easily divisible by 4. cool.gif But if you add up all your expenses, rent, car, fiancee's engagement ring, comics comics comics and more comics, dinners out, gas, toll roads, trips, strippers, hockey season tickets... well, it adds up. =)

And I hope $500 is always a good deal of money no matter how much I make.

27_laughing.gif If you think the engagement ring was bad, wait til the wedding. 893whatthe.gif Pictures alone were over $7k tonofbricks.gif My wife's big on pictures...I'm more big on Jet Skis (and still let her know about it).

Even though I never had this problem the store by me will not accept a CC if the purchase is less than $5.00. I still use checks for everything.

Heck, I charge value meals now.

I do too. It's convenient because I have a business credit card; I charge back my meals as a consultant back to the customer. thumbsup2.gif

40k was used as an example cause the math was very easy...4 being easily divisible by 4. cool.gif But if you add up all your expenses, rent, car, fiancee's engagement ring, comics comics comics and more comics, dinners out, gas, toll roads, trips, strippers, hockey season tickets... well, it adds up. =)

27_laughing.gif If you think the engagement ring was bad, wait til the wedding. 893whatthe.gif Pictures alone were over $7k tonofbricks.gif My wife's big on pictures...I'm more big on Jet Skis (and still let her know about it).

We eloped. The whole deal cost about $347, and that included a helicopter ride to Catalina Island on our wedding night, and a hotel right on the beach. yay.gif

We eloped. The whole deal cost about $347, and that included a helicopter ride to Catalina Island on our wedding night, and a hotel right on the beach. yay.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

If I could have only been so lucky...

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

If I could have only been so lucky...

It gets better...she already owned a house, and wanted to wear her grandmother's wedding ring. headbang.gif

I know this topic has been brought up before, but:

http://www.goldcomics.com/ubbthreads/sho...;vc=1#Post20302

It's not a discount for paying in cash, rather it's a 3% "buyer's charge" for using a credit card.

And it's illegal in NY state.

Both Visa and Mastercard told me it's illegal in any state. Both told me they will be contacting Comiclink as this is a clear violation of their merchant terms.

Cotton Mather is extremely impressed. thumbsup2.gif

Even though I never had this problem the store by me will not accept a CC if the purchase is less than $5.00. I still use checks for everything.

Heck, I charge value meals now.

I do too. It's convenient because I have a business credit card; I charge back my meals as a consultant back to the customer. thumbsup2.gif

Also no pesky change rattling around in my pockets. I hate that.

I know this topic has been brought up before, but:

http://www.goldcomics.com/ubbthreads/sho...;vc=1#Post20302

It's not a discount for paying in cash, rather it's a 3% "buyer's charge" for using a credit card.

And it's illegal in NY state.

Both Visa and Mastercard told me it's illegal in any state. Both told me they will be contacting Comiclink as this is a clear violation of their merchant terms.

Cotton Mather is extremely impressed. thumbsup2.gif

It's not a witch hunt. It's just for him to say "Oh, I've removed them" and then they're back, illegally to boot. Plus you and I pay paypal fees when we sell on EBAY, right? Perhaps if the profit margin is too slim some of these dealers should consider trying a 8-5 gig in the regular job market.

Is there anybody here who sells on Comiclink that would stop consigning if Josh took the 3% out of YOUR share? What if everybody had to do it too? then the 3% wouldnt be a problem, just a cost of business, same as any retailer.

Is there anybody here who sells on Comiclink that would stop consigning if Josh took the 3% out of YOUR share? What if everybody had to do it too? then the 3% wouldnt be a problem, just a cost of business, same as any retailer.

Considering that books that sell on ComicLink sell for a premium, I'd have no problem with ComicLink passing that charge to me. The backlash to this is that I would be more stubborn in the amount I'd sell the book for.

Round and round we go. Whhheeeeeee!

thats the problem, we all really want top dollar full retail PLUS x% when we sell dont we?

Actually, I'm looking for a reasonable value for the book. Top would be great, and occasionally I get that. I'm more or less talking about (as an example) a book that is actually worth $150 and I get a $95 bid.

Or the ever popular Handling Fee!!!

From PayPal's User Agreement (based on credit card laws):

No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods).

So you could charge a handling fee, but it would have to be on ALL orders.