• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fawcett/DC dispute 1948 ????

59 posts in this topic

I guess, I am one of those people who enjoy the unusual. The adventure type covers of Flessel really show off his work. I think, he mostly does his Sandman stuff now. He doesn't do cover reproductions. So, my commission from him will be a Sandman. I am going to suggest something unusual though. grin.gif

I guess, I am one of those people who enjoy the unusual. The adventure type covers of Flessel really show off his work. I think, he mostly does his Sandman stuff now. He doesn't do cover reproductions. So, my commission from him will be a Sandman. I am going to suggest something unusual though. grin.gif

I will try to keep you both happy

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

..and just bought his recreation of 'tec 13 that he did in 1994.

One great and funny many, Mr. Flessel.

jon

I can't help but wonder how Mark did relative to the 80s/90s Sparkle City prices on those two books... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If I bought them back then, would I have made a good investment?

Anyway, cool to see them and extra cool to see them with that early solicitation. thumbsup2.gif

They would probably sell 3-4 times of that price by the way, if slabbed. 2-3 times if not. So plunking down $65 for a Whiz 92 back then would yield about $180 raw and $180-$350 slabbed now.

Also, the grade might be "Old School" grading which means an VF book is more like VF+ to NM-. Whiz Comics 94 Fawcett File Copy is currently on sale at Metropolis for $345 graded at VF/NM.

Someone would have made a very nice profit if they had purchased them. I paid several times those original prices. It was worth it to me to ensure I got them. It wasn't a price that broke my bank or really mattered much, yet was still well within many, many people's price range so I would have had significant competition if they went publicly on sale, i.e., buy them now and move on. thumbsup2.gif