• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this an error?

11 posts in this topic

sometimes on old books like that they don't get sent in very often and there isn't much readily available info on the artist and writer.

Can't they just look at the first page, it should have the info right there?

Just thought it looked kind of empty on the label, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm, oh well, thanks for the replies guys.

Is this an error on the CGC label. It has no information on any artists or writers in the left hand margin. I thought they always noted this info.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fear-3-9-8-NM-MT-CGC_W0QQitemZ6595418020QQcategoryZ12592QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The interior and cover are reprints on a Fear #3. We do not add writers or artists to CGC labels when a book is a total reprint. On the other hand on variants or 2nd prints we do add info to the label.

Hope this helps.

Doesn't mention Bowling Green on the label either, but there are reasons that could be the case.

Huh, I didn't even notice that in the listing. He does say it's a Bowling Green Copy. I have heard that not all Pedigrees end up getting noted for various reasons. Some I have heard of were Winnipegs and MHs. Maybe it didn't have any documentation supporting it's Pedigree status? I really don't know much about that determining process.

Is this an error on the CGC label. It has no information on any artists or writers in the left hand margin. I thought they always noted this info.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fear-3-9-8-NM-MT-CGC_W0QQitemZ6595418020QQcategoryZ12592QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Further to Newt's comment, if my recollection is correct there are about 8-10 separate stoies in this puppy and at least 15-20 different un-credited creators. I did the work one time for Strange Tales Annual #1 - it was a bear, and took about 3 hours of research to confirm all of the contributors tongue.gif