• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Press Release: Frank Miller added to WonderCon guest list!

15 posts in this topic

FRANK MILLER ADDED TO STELLAR

WONDERCON GUEST LIST

Legendary comics writer/creator Frank Miller will join what has become a spectacular line-up of guests at the 2006 WonderCon comic book and pop culture convention to be held in San Francisco on February 10 through 12, 2006.

Frank Miller’s 20-plus years in comics includes a variety of notable contributions including a memorable run on Daredevil, in which he created the character Elektra. He rose to national prominence for his long-time association with Batman that includes the groundbreaking graphic novels The Dark Knight Returns, its sequel The Dark Knight Strikes Again, plus Batman Year One and the current best seller All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder.

Miller’s own creation, Sin City, became a big-screen phenomenon last year, when the graphic novel series was adapted to a critically acclaimed feature directed by Miller, Robert Rodriguez, and Quentin Tarantino. Sin City 2 is currently in the works and a movie adaptation of Miller’s Spartan epic graphic novel, 300, is due out next year.

Frank Miller joins an already spectacular guest list that includes artists Mike and Laura Allred, artist and Mad Magazine contributor Sergio Aragones, artists Chris Bachalo, and Frank Cho, writers Peter David, and Mark Evanier, artist Ramona Fradon, creators Erik Larsen, Mike Mignola, and Terry Moore, writer Grant Morrison, creator Eric Powell, writer Greg Rucka, comics writer and film director Kevin Smith, writer Mark Waid, and acclaimed cartoonist Gahan Wilson.

WonderCon will be held at the Moscone West convention facility in San Francisco on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 10 – 12, 2006. Exhibit hall hours are Friday, 12:00pm to 7:00pm; Saturday, 10:00am to 7:00pm; and Sunday, 11:00am to 5:00pm.

Comic-Con International produces WonderCon and is a non profit educational organization dedicated to creating awareness of and appreciation for comics and related popular art forms primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture.

For updated information on WonderCon, please visit www.comic-con.org

I would love to get my DD #158 #159 #160 & #168 SS'ed

i've got 4 copies of DD 158 and a DD 168 in at least NM+9.6 for him to sign. yay.gif kevin, i'll be your CGC witness for your sig series books. hi.gif see you soon. thumbsup2.gif

Also the DD #163 hulk appearance would be cool to get signed

About fifteen years ago, I was in line to register at the SD Con. It was a long line, and way up ahead at the front door, there were two guys chatting. I was sure one of them was Frank Miller, and several of us in line chatted about it and stared at the guy as we progressed towards the door. Finally, we got pretty close. The guy turned around, and his T-shirt said "I am not Frank Miller."

I talked to the guy, and sure enough, he wasn't Frank Miller.

FRANK MILLER ADDED TO STELLAR

WONDERCON GUEST LIST

Legendary comics writer/creator Frank Miller will join what has become a spectacular line-up of guests at the 2006 WonderCon comic book and pop culture convention to be held in San Francisco on February 10 through 12, 2006.

Frank Miller’s 20-plus years in comics includes a variety of notable contributions including a memorable run on Daredevil, in which he created the character Elektra. He rose to national prominence for his long-time association with Batman that includes the groundbreaking graphic novels The Dark Knight Returns, its sequel The Dark Knight Strikes Again, plus Batman Year One and the current best seller All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder.

Miller’s own creation, Sin City, became a big-screen phenomenon last year, when the graphic novel series was adapted to a critically acclaimed feature directed by Miller, Robert Rodriguez, and Quentin Tarantino. Sin City 2 is currently in the works and a movie adaptation of Miller’s Spartan epic graphic novel, 300, is due out next year.

Frank Miller joins an already spectacular guest list that includes artists Mike and Laura Allred, artist and Mad Magazine contributor Sergio Aragones, artists Chris Bachalo, and Frank Cho, writers Peter David, and Mark Evanier, artist Ramona Fradon, creators Erik Larsen, Mike Mignola, and Terry Moore, writer Grant Morrison, creator Eric Powell, writer Greg Rucka, comics writer and film director Kevin Smith, writer Mark Waid, and acclaimed cartoonist Gahan Wilson.

WonderCon will be held at the Moscone West convention facility in San Francisco on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 10 – 12, 2006. Exhibit hall hours are Friday, 12:00pm to 7:00pm; Saturday, 10:00am to 7:00pm; and Sunday, 11:00am to 5:00pm.

Comic-Con International produces WonderCon and is a non profit educational organization dedicated to creating awareness of and appreciation for comics and related popular art forms primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture.

For updated information on WonderCon, please visit www.comic-con.org

hail.gif

Hey Scott try not be too much of a drooling fan boy when ya meet him. grin.gif

hail.gif

I already met Frank Miller in San Diego in 1993. He's my favorite writer and one of my all-time favorite artists, but he's still just a guy who puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else. The only person I'd act like a drooling fanboy over is Wayne Gretzky. cloud9.gif

I doubt I'll even get in line to have him sign anything at WC. I have a nice DD#158 that I might get signed for sig series, but I am no fan of having to wait in line for anyone.

hail.gif

I already met Frank Miller in San Diego in 1993. He's my favorite writer and one of my all-time favorite artists, but he's still just a guy who puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else. The only person I'd act like a drooling fanboy over is Wayne Gretzky. cloud9.gif

I doubt I'll even get in line to have him sign anything at WC. I have a nice DD#158 that I might get signed for sig series, but I am no fan of having to wait in line for anyone.

Wayne??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm maybe you are a closet canuck. I actually met and skated with him when I was a kid. He came to one of the big skills camps for a day and stepped on the ice with all the kids for an hour. Then proceeded to sign autographs for another hour 27_laughing.gif

Without a doubt the nicest Pro Athlete I have ever met.