• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Metropolis email regarding consignments.

90 posts in this topic

What is Metro's target date for when they will start responding to email inquiries? confused-smiley-013.gif

I suspect once they implement their email response system things will really pick up! foreheadslap.gif

One suggestion for the site would be the ability to search for a certain CGC grade or a "no less" than such and such grade option. I'd like to be able to bring up just the CGC 9.8 issues instead of scrolling through all 4,240 CGC graded comics.

Yes but when you are Metropolis how easy would it be to get customers to the site?

That's a given, but I buy books at prices that I think are realistic (unless I'm using my heart for a purchase, which is seldom). The ability to negotiate is important to me, and they just plain don't do it.

I have no complaints on their service or ordering process, other than it is difficult to find books. Their want list query tool needs an overhaul, and it's a task for me to find out "what's new".

Hope Metro is taking notes.

I don't have any trouble navigating through there current website, however, I surf it at work where the connection speed is very fast...

but if I could make just one small suggestion for this new website update. it would be to list the page quality of each book you list in the grading description line...it doesn't have to be exact,. just give me a ballpark guess,,.

White, Off-White, Cream, Tan, Brittle.. would be the only categories I woud need.

now I'm NOT suggesting you go back through your massive inventory and list each book's page quality, that would take massive time and manpower hours, just do it going forward for any new books you receive..if your going to give a description of the grade, how much longer would it take to list the PQ ?? not too much hopefully..

this would help immensely when buying GA books, which is my main interest.

thanks,

thedude.

I agree. Generally, it's only noted when it's White pages.

I would also like to see them note the page quality as well. They also sometimes use the term "nice pages!" What does that mean? cream, off-white, white? Use terminology everyone is familiar with.

I went through their website today and I could have sworn that there was way more scans available than before?

Whooptie-doo. Most internet savy comic dealers started doing this years ago. I'm not dismissing Metro's business savy but right now they are behind the 8-ball in terms of how I view them as an e-business.

Sure they are behind the times in terms of their website when compared to other dealers but that is why they are doing an upgrade. I think they are listening to the consumers as more scans appear to available which is great news. Prices are not always easy to swallow but their GA selection is second to none.

That's a given, but I buy books at prices that I think are realistic (unless I'm using my heart for a purchase, which is seldom). The ability to negotiate is important to me, and they just plain don't do it.

this is completely untrue.

Unless they update their very non-functional, slow, and unfriendly web site so that consignments can be done in a convenient manner (ala highgradecomics, comiclink) then I don't see much becoming of this.

The overhaul of the Metropolis site is about 80% complete. Stay tuned for details.

How can you give us that blurb. I want a screen shot and I want details today. I give up looking sometimes because of the horrible search feature. I mean this a nice way. Just excited.

Actually, there is a "back door" way to word search their site. (I do not know if Steve or Vinnie know) I use it to find their Larson copies. Go to a search screen, at the bottom double click TIAS...it will bring you to a new screen. Select the collectible category, put in a search word and you are off to the races.....jon

One suggestion for the site would be the ability to search for a certain CGC grade or a "no less" than such and such grade option. I'd like to be able to bring up just the CGC 9.8 issues instead of scrolling through all 4,240 CGC graded comics.

I just ran the TIAS method for your 9.8 search and it be the way to do it......jon

for you, maybe. Not for books I need. Folks, calm down. These are my experiences. Your mileage may vary.

I just ran the TIAS method for your 9.8 search and it be the way to do it......jon

Super! I'll have to try that. Thanks!

for you, maybe. Not for books I need. Folks, calm down. These are my experiences. Your mileage may vary.

fair enough. What books are you trying to negotiate on?

...I agree,..I have never been able to negotiate prices w/metropolis,..