• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D.C.’s 52 Pages

495 posts in this topic

Is that a 52 or 48 pager? It isn't listed on the cover...
gossip.gif It really didn't go up 4 pages. I believe DC just decided to count the cover pages to make it look like you're getting a better deal! gossip.gif
That makes sense, because OS makes no mention of 48 page issues, just 52.

According to CBM #69 there are 305 different 52 page DC's that were published between August 1971 and June 1972. (There is a list of all the issues in there too) That will be one super cool set!

Any chance of getting a copy of that list?

305..... that WOULD be a killer set in HG.

Shep

Sorry about all these finicky little posts - I haven't got it in front of me, but is GI Comabt 144 a 64 pager? If so, sorry about the mis-post.

By the way this is an excellent idea for a thread... what's the rarest-toughest 48/52 pager.... the romance stuff??

Curious.

Shep

have fun finding the romance books in HG. unless you raid greggy's house or something
He never said HG. gossip.gif

tonofbricks.gif

i'm so used to it on these boards, i just assumed. foreheadslap.gif

Some nice pricey little books in a set like that too. Weird War #1, Ghosts #1 a few Sugar and Spikes. Even if you dont do all slabbed super HG stuff, your still gonna spend a little money. But when your done you will have a sweet cross section of maybe the best period of DC Bronze age cloud9.gif

According to CBM #69 there are 305 different 52 page DC's that were published between August 1971 and June 1972. (There is a list of all the issues in there too) That will be one super cool set!

Any chance of getting a copy of that list?

305..... that WOULD be a killer set in HG.

Shep

Mike's DC Index Page has you covered. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the link....

Could I propose that we include the awesome 64-pagers.... they were all 25-centers!!!

Here's one from heritage that I am still waiting for to arrive.... there is a 9.6 out there, but the centering on that issue is WAAAAY off... an it's listed at more than twice what I got this one for.

This is one of my very, very favorite books of all time. I well remember (cue overdone sentimental music) finding it in my brother's room back in the early 70s and just LOVING it.

Mmmmm. Kubert and Heath.

16012001121o.jpg

"Some nice pricey little books in a set like that too. Weird War #1, Ghosts #1 a few Sugar and

Spikes. Even if you dont do all slabbed super HG stuff, your still gonna spend a little

money. But when your done you will have a sweet cross section of maybe the best period

of DC Bronze age"

amen!!!

723ad830.jpg

Great cover! I need to get one.

It's a total bi-atch to find in grade. I looked for three years before I found this barely VF copy. However, the cover whites and interior pages are really nice.

Worth the hunt, though - it's one of Heath's best art jobs on this title.

Shep