• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found two boxes of old comics

220 posts in this topic

I get where your coming from JC.

Guy comes on here asks about comics. More than a few people help him out, tell him the ones that are worthy. Maybe someone offers to buy them, maybe not. I was tempted but it smelled like dirt so I stayed away.

Then, a day later the person who needed advice has already determined what to do, scanned them, graded them and is selling them on eBay?

To me, this was all an advertising bit for the auctions. Not sure if it is Bug or whoever. I don't think it is bug because the person also sells tickets to a Broadway show.

Nothing wrong with asking about them, just find its a bit shady to have posted when most likely you already know what your doing and what your plan is. When someone comes here and asks about comics, I think many of us want first crack. Not saying we want to rip them off, but a crack at getting some good books that may or may not be worth it.

To me, I have to say JC didn't do anything wrong. This person with 4-5 posts (who probably is someone else or knows what they are doing) has no credibility to me when the first thing I see is a nickel/dime advertising campaign.

Post #5

I guess you put in my place, I am just clueless.

Gotta love your style.

First start by pointing out the meager amount of post someone has compared to yours and then the english one, that is just outstanding posting.

Bravo.I think you covered all the bases there chief.

Blast away

Wow, check out the TOTAL TRANSFORMATION of Petey, from leet speak guru into English major. I guess the time for shill-subterfuge is over and you're coming out of the closet.

With 5 whole posts (4 in this thread alone) I would have never guessed you were a shill.

I forgot the part when u start calling me a shill. What exacly am i shilling for if u could explain that to me i would be grateful

I registered on this site to do a search on scanners for books on ebay. The reason i started posting on this thread was because i found it funny that u could have ended the whole thread by posting your correspondence with him, you chose to attack me based on my posting totals. Thats my only beef in this thing.I just want to know what is the scam you found, you first said the books dont exist, now the books are apearing on ebay. Just what is the scam going on here junior.

It is from where I'm sitting confused-smiley-013.gif

I find it amazing that some total newbie with no posts can suddenly pop on with a list of key comics, not produce any pics, have a hazy story, freak out when asked a simple question, and lie through his teeth...

and to most on here, I'm the villain. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nah, even i defend you on this one. thumbsup2.gif

i think old guys last message sums it all up very nice.

this dude went from i found 2 old boxes of comics. and then they turn out to be his comics. and then it turns out that he got them at an old book store. and then the old book store turned out to be the families store.. and then part/all of the collection turned out to be his dad's, and then it turns out he can describe a book rather well..............

hey, not saying it can't be true but it just doesn't feel right, especially when the sweetness turns sour rather rapidly after a few simple inquiries.

yet, having said that he does have the EC's up for sale so it would appear they, at least, exist.

if you ask me - just some dude looking to get some attention to his sale and perhaps really looking for a bit of grading help for same sale............. confused.gif

I think you nailed it on the head burntboy.

Beyonder, If it is alphabetical then the first box on the left is the A's, and then the second box the first book is a X? If you were going to sort them that way, wouldn't the box on the right have the Alpha Flight in the front and then say the N's in the back, then the other box would end with X?