• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Signature Thread
9 9

7,960 posts in this topic

So its more relevant to get Stan to sign an ultimate book and doesn't make sense to you for Alex to have him sign a spidey #1? (it's a second series but how is it any different) screwy.gif

Not trying to start a flame war here folks, but to gain a better understanding. Ultimately (no pun intended), it's your book and you can do as you please. To answer pirate's question, and as I stated earlier, I requested Stan sign my Ultimate books in hommage to him. More importantly, Ultimate Spider-Man #1 was a literal re-telling of the origin of the character Spider-Man and as popular as this title has become and as enjoyable as some of the storylines have been, it's basically a 21st century modernization of Stan Lee's original story. There's my connection.

To answer part 2 of pirate's question of how the series are different, besides Stan creating the character, I can't see any other connection which was why I asked my first question. Just trying to understand.

Well, obviously, Stan created Spidey. Personally, I think it is way more relevant than having him sign the Ultimate books. But that is my opinion.

Well then, we agree to disagree.

Does Stan like the Ultimate Universe?

Having met Stan Lee and observed his responses, I doubt he cares for any universe, Ultimate, Marvel, DC, etc. He'll sign anything placed infront of him, so it's really a question of whether CGC will yellow label the book, which they will.

Actually, observing Stan at the March signing at his office, he would sign pretty much whatever you wanted him to, but what impressed Stan enough to stop and comment were things like the FF Omnibus and certain silver age books - particularly Silver Surfer issues like #4 and #1, early ASMs, FFs and JIMs. He would pause to comment about people he knew and liked when he came across something that he thought was a great example of their work - like Kirby, Steranko, Roy Thomas, John Buscema, John Romita.

Actually, observing Stan at the March signing at his office, he would sign pretty much whatever you wanted him to, but what impressed Stan enough to stop and comment were things like the FF Omnibus and certain silver age books - particularly Silver Surfer issues like #4 and #1, early ASMs, FFs and JIMs. He would pause to comment about people he knew and liked when he came across something that he thought was a great example of their work - like Kirby, Steranko, Roy Thomas, John Buscema, John Romita.

Nice anecdote Kevin. Thanks.

ss871.jpg

Exactly how many SS books do you own!? juggle.gif

ss871.jpg

Exactly how many SS books do you own!? juggle.gif

Roughly 350 in my collection.

Expecting another 80 or so from CGC over the next few months too. popcorn.gif

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gifhail.gif

ss556.jpg

cloud9.gif

Love where Byrne put his sig, didnt mess with the cover art at all thumbsup2.gif

So when are these going up for sale poke2.gif

ss556.jpg
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now that I have your address.... devil.gif

C'mon over buddy. I'll call Chris. devil.gif

Im moving to Canada...seems all the nice Byrnes are up there!! makepoint.gif (Except what I got, of course 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)