• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Comic Book Artists

82 posts in this topic

from mark bode's website:Vaughn Bode died on July 18,1975 in San Francisco in a mystic experiment gone wrong.

WTF was he thinking or not thinking? that's why i always say "if it's organic don't panic, synthesize you die!" 893frustrated.gif893blahblah.gif

im surprised nobody has mentioned frank frazetta yet, my selctions were for modern artist, but if i pick GA, frazetta's in for sure along with that schomburg fella. 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif

IMO...Frazetta is in a whole differant class...along with Vaughn Bode...Boris Valejo...and so on.... 893blahblah.gif

Since when was Boris ever in the same class with Frazetta? insane.gif

im surprised nobody has mentioned frank frazetta yet, my selctions were for modern artist, but if i pick GA, frazetta's in for sure along with that schomburg fella. 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif

IMO...Frazetta is in a whole differant class...along with Vaughn Bode...Boris Valejo...and so on.... 893blahblah.gif

Since when was Boris ever in the same class with Frazetta? insane.gif

They both draw awsome boobies... insane.gif

IMO...Frazetta is in a whole differant class...along with Vaughn Bode...Boris Valejo...and so on....

thank you greggy, i never liked vallejo, he sort of like eric larson to mcfarlane. sumo.gif

IMHO... Frazetta is an artist. His work has mood and evokes more feeling... Boris is more of a technician who photographs models and executes a painting. I assume he was influenced by Frazetta, but does not match up in a "Comic Death Match". I did buy a couple of his calendars though.

He was also a bit defensive when I asked him years ago if he had ever considered doing a joint project with Frazetta... "What for", he said with a pizzed-off look... as if the question was offensive or having Frazetta mentioned was an insult???