• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warlord #1

16 posts in this topic

I'll probably go ahead and buy issue 1, and then decide if its worth it or not to keep buying the title.

There are way too many other titles that I'm reading right now, so I really shouldn't be jumping onto anything new; but thought I'd give it a shot. I haven't read any previous Warlord books.

With Conan and Red Sonja out and doing so well, this one just doesn't seem to match up too well. I flipped through it thinking I'd give it a try. But it really looked pretty poor. If someone reads it and it's pretty good, drop a message here. Always up for a good read.

Pat

I won't get my shipment until Monday, but I did flip through the book at the LCS. And man, that inking is terrible. I don't normally criticize art, but the inking absolutely ruined the art. I won't be ordering another one (well, unless the story itself blows me away).

I just read my copy. And it wasn't bad at all. smile.gif

Yes, the art could be a lot better, but I believe the writing made up for it. I may not continue the series, but that's only because I have so many other titles to read. I'll have to make a decision, and it honestly won't be an easy one.