• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CBG Cover Controversial Issues?

184 posts in this topic

CBM was a great magazine,,, especially the first 30-40 issues --- but ultimately couldnt make a profit and even Geppi had to close it down. Id like to think that if Gary and Lisa stayed on, wed still be seeing it every month though. But to be honest, after 90 issues even CBM was getting old. Just not enough to talk about I guess.

Even for us here we lurch between interesting subject matter and just fooling around for weeks on end. But of all the outlets available to us, I think the best is right here, warts and all. We get the newest pricing/market info; scandals, dealer critiques, collector interest, "articles about cool covers and characters. THIS IS our collector's magazine of the future right here. and if you go wireless, you can even take it into the crapper with you!!

CBM was a great magazine,,, especially the first 30-40 issues --- but ultimately couldnt make a profit and even Geppi had to close it down. Id like to think that if Gary and Lisa stayed on, wed still be seeing it every month though. But to be honest, after 90 issues even CBM was getting old. Just not enough to talk about I guess.

Even for us here we lurch between interesting subject matter and just fooling around for weeks on end. But of all the outlets available to us, I think the best is right here, warts and all. We get the newest pricing/market info; scandals, dealer critiques, collector interest, "articles about cool covers and characters. THIS IS our collector's magazine of the future right here. and if you go wireless, you can even take it into the crapper with you!!

You're on the pot right now, aren't you?!?

barf.gif

You're on the pot right now, aren't you?!?

barf.gif

I wish I was on the pot right now wink.gif

BHD lives again! 27_laughing.gif

Damn dwarf is so annoying. Can't believe I am wasting my time responding to him on the CBG board. How long do you think it will take before they boot him? I say his next post will do it, if it even requires that long.

BHD lives again! 27_laughing.gif

Damn dwarf is so annoying. Can't believe I am wasting my time responding to him on the CBG board. How long do you think it will take before they boot him? I say his next post will do it, if it even requires that long.

He may already be gone. I don't know how to tell if someone's been booted there.

The Dwarf now claims to be "Anthony Jefferson".

Do they have any type of confirmation process, or can one give them any name they wish?

Not that I know of, at least not openly. It would appear anyone can just provide any name they desire.

He's effectively derailed what was a very interesting discussion...and giving others the impression this Forum is filled with a bunch of loonies... mad.gif

I genuinely wanted CBG's opinion on why they don't cover ANY controversal issues anymore. It wasn't, and still isn't, a anti-CGC post but now it's morphed into an area which looks exactly like that...

I wouldn't blame them if they pulled the thread...

Jim

He's effectively derailed what was a very interesting discussion...and giving others the impression this Forum is filled with a bunch of loonies... mad.gif

I genuinely wanted CBG's opinion on why they don't cover ANY controversal issues anymore. It wasn't, and still isn't, a anti-CGC post but now it's morphed into an area which looks exactly like that...

Jim

I tried to get it back on track over there. It's nice to see they(CBG) atleast engage in the threads over there. I may not agree with what they are saying, but it's nice to hear them state their stance.

Jim

Just ignore him. Ignore him and wait for him to be banned just like his LAST incarnation, "Special Ed".

Blackballing is good.