• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This doesn't look like sun fading on this Kirby Sandman 1???

14 posts in this topic

I purchased this book as is a few years back 1992? It had the pink cover when I bought it...It only appears as if the backround blue has "faded" as all the other colors are bright? Could I have found the next great variant??? tongue.gif

What do you guys think??? I've never seen another one with a pink cover in my years of collecting and have yet to come across anyone who has.

sandman1kirby.jpg[/img]

Next we'll be seeing 3.0's being sold as 'vintage' variants.

missing pages will be 'use your imagination' variants.

big ol' crease? 'origami' variant, baby!

insane.gif

in all seriousness though, i know nothing about how different colors fade when exposed, but I'd say if it isn't listed anywhere, it's either a print error or a result of fading.

That actually is a variant, listed in the Guide. There's a blue issue and a purple one (which is what you have). Some sort of printing problem, not a sun-fade or anything else.

What guide are you speaking of?...it's not in overstreets 35th edition...

I thought it was. I'll have to look, but its been known of for a long time.

What guide are you speaking of?...it's not in overstreets 35th edition...

I thought it was. I'll have to look, but its been known of for a long time.

I agree, I have copies of both. I don't think it is noted in the guide.

I have the purple variant as well, graded by "the other guys" but nothing is noted on the label. Anybody know WHY there are two different colored covers...was it just a printing mistake on part of the run? I don't about this year's guide, but my copy of last year's guide says nothing about the purple variant cover. Anybody know more about this...and whether the purples are considered more desirable? Thanks! flowerred.gif