• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You think you have problems....?

14 posts in this topic

It almost seems as if it would be difficult to think about doing a show if you were faced with losses like this though, especially in light of both of their excellent websites. I'm sure they have collectibles insurance - this would cover this kind of stuff, right?

I always found this a bit more curious than comic theft - OA is bigger, you would think this would be harder to steal than a comic book. frown.gif those are some great pieces.

Plus, a stolen one-of-a-kind piece of art is not easy to flip! Everyone knows everyone in this hobby, and everyone definitely knows Albert!

I always found this a bit more curious than comic theft - OA is bigger, you would think this would be harder to steal than a comic book. frown.gif those are some great pieces.

Plus, a stolen one-of-a-kind piece of art is not easy to flip! Everyone knows everyone in this hobby, and everyone definitely knows Albert!

I don't think in this case it has to do with stealing and flipping,more like steal and keep forever!

I don't think in this case it has to do with stealing and flipping,more like steal and keep forever!

It would be tough to steal something, keep it forever, AND not have anyone EVER find out. A thief is taking a big risk here.

How does someone walk away with the art? Sucks to hear about any thefts!

Ok, let me be very clear in saying this absolutely is a terrible, terrible thing to happen and if I ever had any art stolen, I would be heart broken.

But, I guess I'm not surprised. I was at the show on Saturday and I flipped through Albert's binders. The show was absolutely packed and chaotic. I'm not certain about the pieces that are missing (hopefully that's all it is), but I feel it would not have been difficult to simply walk off with some art.

Maybe there is a certain level of trust, that seems to be more and more abused, that the dealer's have. No, I'm not implying they are not watching out for their investments. Just with the hobbying growing, this show in particular being packed, that the dealer can become overwhelmed. By giving us ready access to this amazing art at the shows, maybe they are just taking too big of a chance.

All in all it's sad, but not entirely surprising.

Damn, a lot of art has been getting stolen lately. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm new to OA collecting but it seems to me that there may be a serial thief running around the conventions with some knowledge of what's valuable and what's not.