• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone have that pic of batman in bed with robin?

115 posts in this topic

Look above the tiger's back, to the right of where the tree touches it.

That's not a tiger. gossip.gif

S'cuse me for not being a Ka-Zar fan. yeahok.gif

Doesn't matter if you are a Ka-Zar fan. There is not such thing as a Saber-Tooth Tiger, they are Saber-Tooth Cats. So you were mistaken in calling it a Tiger, Ka-Zar fan notwithstanding.

Click me...Please!

Look if you want to live your life in ignorance, go right ahead. I mean after all you probably have a head start anyway. I was just trying to make you look less stupid, I now realize that was a lost cause.

yeahok.gif

I'll play your stupid game of finding a link on the web that supports your post.

Thanks for the revelation.

Now...S'cuse me for having better things to do than watch 80 hours of TV per week, to have picked up on this fact.

So go pick up a bucket of Ding Dongs and get back to that Discovery Channel marathon you've been waiting on all month.

The short response is still yeahok.gif

Surprisingly, I get up of my and go out into the world, away from the computer. If you ever set foot into a natural history museum, you might learn something about the real world. Then again, why should you even bother, you'll be dead before you know it.

Is that all you've got? sleeping.gif

For you, yes, that's all I need. yeahok.gif

Then tell me...When you take your out in the real world...how many trips does it take? yeahok.gif

Look above the tiger's back, to the right of where the tree touches it.

That's not a tiger. gossip.gif

S'cuse me for not being a Ka-Zar fan. yeahok.gif

Doesn't matter if you are a Ka-Zar fan. There is not such thing as a Saber-Tooth Tiger, they are Saber-Tooth Cats. So you were mistaken in calling it a Tiger, Ka-Zar fan notwithstanding.

Click me...Please!

Look if you want to live your life in ignorance, go right ahead. I mean after all you probably have a head start anyway. I was just trying to make you look less stupid, I now realize that was a lost cause.

yeahok.gif

I'll play your stupid game of finding a link on the web that supports your post.

Here's another link for your guys Sabre-tooth debate:

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/mammal/carnivora/sabretooth.html

Does EVERY thread about superhero homosexuality have to turn into a flame-fest about sabre-tooth tigers? Frankly, I'm a little sick of it.

Does EVERY thread about superhero homosexuality have to turn into a flame-fest about sabre-tooth tigers? Frankly, I'm a little sick of it.

Yes it does. Well that or Chuck Norris. makepoint.gif

Why do people hate chuck all of a sudden anyway?

Back in the 1970s they were known as Saber-toothed Tigers, but as paletology evolved over time, they found that they do not share traits with tigers. So they have since called the Saber-toothed cats, and have attempted to correct the use of tiger.

A flying squirrel doesn't really fly. A Tasmanian Devil isn't really a devil. Longear sunfishes don't really have long ears. Guinea Pigs aren't really pigs. You're referring to a common name. Common names aren't the same as the scientific names, and you can't rely on a common name to tell you anything about an animal's evolutionary history.

The correct term would be either Smilodon, or another appropriate genus name depending on the time period and region. Unless you're suggesting their teeth really were made out of swords.

Why do people hate chuck all of a sudden anyway?

Who said anything about hating him. I am pretty sure you said it so you better watch your back.

Chuck Norris destroyed the Periodic Table of the Elements because the only element Chuck Norris recognizes is the element of surprise.

What are you talking about? Zabu has always been a sabre-toothed tiger, and even if some eggheaded group of pencil-necks have deleted the term, it's still the MARVEL UNIVERSE we're talking about here, the home of Norse Gods, Spider-men, Mutants and Androids.
Back in the 1970s they were known as Saber-toothed Tigers, but as paletology evolved over time, they found that they do not share traits with tigers. So they have since called the Saber-toothed cats, and have attempted to correct the use of tiger.

I see my point whooshed right over your head. 27_laughing.gif

Zabu is from the MARVEL UNIVERSE, so to harp on about him being called a sabre-toothed tiger is hilarious, since you seem to have no problem with spider-powered guys, gamma-radiated giants, Norse Gods come to life, androids capable of emulating humans, shape-shifting skrulls, etc, etc, etc.

So why not a sabre-toothed tiger? Maybe in their universe, they did share traits of the tiger?