• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC FORUM TOP BRONZE AGE COVERS - #2

82 posts in this topic

At this point no "Marvel Zombie" should be biotching about Marvel's placement in this contest. they have had a significant showing

WTF planet are you on?

Let's take a look at the Top 8 shall we?

8: DC

7: DC

6: DC

5: DC

4: DC

3: DC

2: Marvel

Do the math.

Now this is the "forum's will" and I won't disagree with it, but to say that "Marvel has a significant showing" is pretty stupid, wouldn't you say? screwy.gif

To me this is the greatest spider-man cover of the bronze age! It is the cover that i associate with the bronze age more than any other! I love the color scheme and the action is great too, it might be comparable to batman 251 in that it is greater because it features the marquee villain for the character! Though it's "key" status helps it i really think the subject of the cover stands above and beyond any hype created by the term "key issue"!

Though they probably won't get #1, any of the Swamp Thing issues submitted pretty much trashed #2.

I am absolutely incredulous that not a single Wrightson Swamp Thing cover has appeared in this Top 20. I have to admit I'm in total agreement with Timulty here. 893whatthe.gif

Though they probably won't get #1, any of the Swamp Thing issues submitted pretty much trashed #2.

I am absolutely incredulous that not a single Wrightson Swamp Thing cover has appeared in this Top 20. I have to admit I'm in total agreement with Timulty here. 893whatthe.gif

I think the choice of so many makes it hard to single any one out. The votes are diluted. If you tallied votes for any ST cover, I'm sure you'd make the top 5, but for any particular ish...no luck.

I only really got 2 votes, as I nominated 3 books before I realized you HAD to vote for them. Just trying to widen the pool, and instead I get drowned. tonofbricks.gif

My 2 open votes were, I believe, for ASM 136 and X-Men 101.

Another thing that I just realized, is that multiple people were nominating the SAME book over and over and over, then *potentially* voting over and over and over. If so, then I get what's going on, and how so many people could have voted for so many books in the Top 10,

I wonder if everyone knew of this loophole, as I certainly didn't. frustrated.gif

Just hopped on and saw this cover for #2. Crazy. Forget the key-ness of the book, or the nostalgia. Is this better than a lot of the covers we've seen. No way. Replace the green goblin with a lesser villain, and this goes to the back.

Man.

Shep

The fact that you had to vote for your choices was mentioned and I think Bold typed in the initial voting. When a person nominated a cover that had already been nominated, I told them (if they were not the first nomintor of the book) they then had their choice to nominate another book, or still with the nomination. If they chose to nominate another book I made them aware that they would have to vote for that book.

I don't get it. If this was the "Top Bronze Age Books", I'd put this at the top (Tied with 121). It's clearly a classic issue. But the cover is just ho-hum. Romita has done much much better. If this is the best that Marvel can produce, I think I might have to turn in my Marvel Zombie badge.

1137326-SSMM2.jpg.127060911e7f793aac07ffa17c827f8e.jpg

When a person nominated a cover that had already been nominated, I told them (if they were not the first nomintor of the book) they then had their choice to nominate another book, or still with the nomination.

I don't remember seeing that massive loophole outlined anywhere. confused-smiley-013.gif

At this point no "Marvel Zombie" should be biotching about Marvel's placement in this contest. they have had a significant showing

WTF planet are you on?

Do the math.

Now this is the "forum's will" and I won't disagree with it, but to say that "Marvel has a significant showing" is pretty stupid, wouldn't you say? screwy.gif

Well, which are you.... a DC-hater or a Marvel-hater? confused-smiley-013.gif

When a person nominated a cover that had already been nominated, I told them (if they were not the first nomintor of the book) they then had their choice to nominate another book, or still with the nomination.

I don't remember seeing that massive loophole outlined anywhere. confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh [embarrassing lack of self control]. Here we go. tonofbricks.gif

Neither, as this is just a "forum vote" and it just for fun. I just don't like DC Fanboy #47- Timulty's questionable math skillz. screwy.gif

Nope, I'm ending it right here, as it's just for fun, and means about two dead flies anyway. I was just a bit pissed that I could have worked the system and possibly moved a few Marvel books up, just as many of the DC guys did with their multiple noms.

Neither, as this is just a "forum vote" and it just for fun. I just don't like DC Fanboy #47- Timulty's questionable math skillz. screwy.gif

Well if you're going to bring Timulty's math skillz into it, I'm not going to be able to argue with you. wink.gif

Nope, I'm ending it right here, as it's just for fun, and means about two dead flies anyway. I was just a bit pissed that I could have worked the system and possibly moved a few Marvel books up, just as many of the DC guys did with their multiple noms.

JC has a point. I deliberately chose other non-nominated books to widen the field. (I nominated X-men 101 BTW.)

It's all good though. thumbsup2.gif

WTF planet are you on?

Do the math.

Look at the rest of the Top 20. Just because you don't get most of the Top 8, doesn't mean you didn't show up to play.

JC has a point. I deliberately chose other non-nominated books to widen the field. (I nominated X-men 101 BTW.)

It's all good though. thumbsup2.gif

Why? I voted for MY top -c. Why would you guys widen the field by nominating books that you didn't consider the best. Plus, it's impossible to get an objective vote... my favorite -c changes on a daily basis doesn't everyones? As JC said though. It's just for fun. The arguments are the best part.

1. Superman 233

2. Wonder Woman 199

3. Batman 227

4. Detective 404

5. Detective 412