• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Favorite Covers Contest

235 posts in this topic

That is one freaky-hass cover bubba! 893whatthe.gif Weird that I've never seen it before, or maybe it just didn't register.

1140125-psm16f.jpg

I was thinking the same thing, I've never noticed that cover before but it's awsome!

If that is Severin, then i have to pay more attention as I'm realizing that some of Severin's SA drawings are among my favourite and yet i did not know who drew them....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is there more than one JIM #89 nomination allowed by the same person?

I never understood this. The JIM 89 was on the top of the page. 5th image over. confused-smiley-013.gif

That was a poor attempt at humour....look at my sig line insane.gif

That is one freaky-hass cover bubba! 893whatthe.gif Weird that I've never seen it before, or maybe it just didn't register.

1140125-psm16f.jpg

This is a cool cover. I hadn't ever seen it before either. That sort of shocks me being a Marvel guy, but I guess it's true you learn something new everyday. thumbsup2.gif

At the risk of looking like a "DC Fanboy" 27_laughing.gif my next nomination is going to DC. It looks like the Marvels I'm planning to vote for are already nominated, and I think DC's are getting overlooked. For your consideration, Detective 267, a classic:

1140917-det267.jpg

1140917-det267.jpg.d4679b1059c2f69f220aca6fc84f8178.jpg

As an interesting note, while perusing the GCD site I came across this cover to Supes # 201 from November 1967. I never have seen it before and wondered if it was in answer to Marvel's Spider-Man # 50 from July 1967? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1141050-Superman%23201November1967.jpg1141050-AmazingSpider-ManJuly1967.jpg

1141050-AmazingSpider-ManJuly1967.jpg.1468e2dd5b499b03b815a5bd91f767d9.jpg

Would this be considered Clark's Drama Queen Exit? Or does there have to be a crowd standing around for that to be Drama Queen like?

Are you nominating this?

Would this be considered Clark's Drama Queen Exit? Or does there have to be a crowd standing around for that to be Drama Queen like?

Are you nominating this?

Well there IS the whole city of Metropolis in back of him! poke2.gif

No nomination, just thought it interesting. shy.gif