• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Favorite Covers Contest

235 posts in this topic

Here are five that I didn't see listed on the main index page...

Daredevil 43

Avengers 56

Batman 205

Green Lantern 63

Captain America 111

Yeah, I'm a Marvel Zombie, but many of my favorites were already nominated so I had to throw a couple of DC faves into the mix as well.

Here's my final nomination. I had a tough time choosing my last book. The choices were Captain America 109, Tales to Astonish 101, Thor 153, Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery 19, Detective 265, 359, and 389. I'm astonished Detective 359 isn't on here, so if someone wants to nominate it, or the others, be my guest, as they're all great covers and I'm out of nominations.

Here's Adventure 275. To me, it captures the spirit of Silver Age DC at its best - campy, intriguing, and featuring both Batman and Superman. This is my 5th nomination:

1141352-adv275.jpg

1141352-adv275.jpg.cd42037b212050bbbe60960798b4fbee.jpg

I already have a good idea of seven of the covers I will pick, leaving three others to "wow" me in the meantime. I don't have the order finalized in my head yet, but it should be an exciting contest.

In case it hasn't already been nominated:

X-Men #33.

x-men33.jpg

X-Men #17 and 50 should be nominated as well but this cover in particular just seems to scream "VOTE FOR ME, I AM THE JUGGERNAUT BIOTCH!!!!" grin.gif

In case it hasn't already been nominated:

X-Men #33.

x-men33.jpg

X-Men #17 and 50 should be nominated as well but this cover in particular just seems to scream "VOTE FOR ME, I AM THE JUGGERNAUT BIOTCH!!!!" grin.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif You are aware that these are MARVEL covers right? 27_laughing.gif I thought it was against your law of principals to like Marvel books.

You know, I consider myself a Marvel Zombie, but I'll admit that DC Bronze Age covers have it all over Marvels of the same period. But when it comes to the Silver Age there's no questiuon in my mind that Marvels are generally much better. Especially if you pull Neal Adams out of the equation.

You know, I consider myself a Marvel Zombie, but I'll admit that DC Bronze Age covers have it all over Marvels of the same period. But when it comes to the Silver Age there's no questiuon in my mind that Marvels are generally much better. Especially if you pull Neal Adams out of the equation.

Neal worked for Marvel too y'know makepoint.gif