• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my last five CGCs

17 posts in this topic

received the last of my CGCs in the mail today, I would like some input on the way I should sell them. Grades were Spidey # 30 8.5 VF+ white pages laugh.gif, # 54 8.5 VF+ off-white pages shocked.gif, # 37 7.0 white pages smirk.gif, # 29 6.0 off-white to white mad.gif, and # 33 appparent 8.0 VF 893whatthe.gifwink.gif slight pro. color touch small amount off-white. help me out guys, one big lot or separately? Yes, I do think the 8.5s were better, but I think I got good grading this time. 893blahblah.gif

I've only been watching a few months, do the higher grade books have white pages more often than say 20%?? I'm leaning toward a big lot, with virtually throwing in the restored book. I don't like the prices I am seeing lately on Spideys in the 30-37 range. #30 should be a $150 according to guide. cool.gif

Sell the 8.5's and white paged books separately w/ reasonable BIN's that you can live with. For some reason, ppl will pay more for a 7.0 with white pages then they will with off-white to white.

Brian

I had what I thought were 8 NM books (and bought them as such..) but they came back 2 at 9.4, 2 at 9.0, and 4 at 8.5.

(Kind of disappointing actually... If this is a time of stricter grading because of all the new competition, then that's unfortunate. You'd hope for the same grading standard across the board and across time.)

Keep them until 6 months before the next movie.

i agree with flipper, i've noticed the market for slabbed books is slowing down big time. you can thank joe_collector and deke for that 27_laughing.gifinsane.gifstooges.gifacclaim.gif

Isn't there an old saying that goes, " I'm a little worried this whole Spider-man / CGC thing is going to [!@#%^&^] out even worse than it has in the last few months." ? Confucius maybe??? cool.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

I personally feel some people sell their books for that reason. Usually I find in a few years they say, Oh, why did I ever sell them!

So, if you don't need the money, I'd keep them until you do. You'll be glad in 20 or 30 years, trust me. cool.gif

Sell them separately. The VF+ books can sell to high grade collectors but they won't give you much for the FN/VF or restored book. Put a reserve about 20% below guide on them or start the bidding 20% below guide. Put no reserve on the restored book and hope you get 30% of guide for that book.

There are so many ASM being sold on eBay that I have stopped even looking at them. I know five years from now, I will be able to get them no problem. And I really don't think the prices will be much higher.

Just my thoughts.

Isn't there an old saying that goes, " I'm a little worried this whole Spider-man / CGC thing is going to [!@#%^&^] out even worse than it has in the last few months." ? Confucius maybe??? cool.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

I personally feel some people sell their books for that reason. Usually I find in a few years they say, Oh, why did I ever sell them!

So, if you don't need the money, I'd keep them until you do. You'll be glad in 20 or 30 years, trust me. cool.gif

Got bad news for you Nina, your English speaking ( he knows what I mean) friend Bubbles is one of the geezers here , lets shoot for ten years OK? 27_laughing.gif

Got bad news for you Nina, your English speaking ( he knows what I mean) friend Bubbles is one of the geezers here , lets shoot for ten years OK? 27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif

I don't know. I thought with a name like Bubbles you'd be a bit, well ...... younger. But ok then, in 5 or 10 years you'll be glad you did. grin.gif

893whatthe.gif

I don't know. I thought with a name like Bubbles you'd be a bit, well ...... younger. But ok then, in 5 or 10 years you'll be glad you did. grin.gif

yea right, like when you see Abe Simpson you don't think .." Bubbles." AHH, 20 minutes left on 24 tonight, see ya tomorrow kids. cool.gif