• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

hi.gif Rick

Is the batman collection you have recently posted, the one you are putting together for a client?

Mike

hello all...

yes, they are...he is a good friend, best customer (our arrangements, due to his intial limited funds, are that I purchase, and he gets at my cost +5% "commission" for the effort and the financing...so basically, he is getting at my real world cost)...however, payments have been a little slow, so worse case scenario is that I "inherit" the collection (which I would be pleased to do, now that I have asssembled, but I already completed a batman run in the 90's, so I don't have a great desire to keep...part of the joy for me, is the collecting, but I like new challenges, which is why I won't go after Action, but would superman)...personally, I am working on the Tec's 27-53, and about 20 other issues I like (have not started them yet, except for 2 I am getting from board member cgcmint)...

so, if for some reason Bob has to bail (which, for the record, I don't anticipate), I will either keep the run, or sell it (a tough decision no doubt)

rick

Edited by Detective27kid

hi.gif Rick

Is the batman collection you have recently posted, the one you are putting together for a client?

Mike

hello all...

yes, they are...he is a good friend, best customer (our arrangements, due to his intial limited funds, are that I purchase, and he gets at my cost +5% "commission" for the effort and the financing...so basically, he is getting at my real world cost)...however, payments have been a little slow, so worse case scenario is that I "inherit" the collection (which I would be pleased to do, now that I have asssembled, but I already completed a batman run in the 90's, so I don't have a great desire to keep...part of the joy for me, is the collecting, but I like new challenges, which is why I won't go after Action, but would superman)...personally, I am working on the Tec's 27-53, and about 20 other issues I like (have not started them yet, except for 2 I am getting from board member cgcmint)...

so, if for some reason Bob has to bail (which, for the record, I don't anticipate), I will either keep the run, or sell it (a tough decision no doubt)

rick

I Thought that was the case, but I got the impression, that some board members were not aware of this. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't lost my mind. insane.gif

BTW what a great run. hail.gif

Mike

hi.gif Rick

Mike

hello all...

rick

If he does... takeit.gif

It looks great seeing all of those copies together! 893applaud-thumb.gif

How many more are there that you are shooting for -- or are these the only pre-code 2 Face covers?

There is one more GA Two-Face cover (Detective #68). He wasn't on the cover of his first appearance in Detective #66.

How many more are there that you are shooting for -- or are these the only pre-code 2 Face covers?

There is one more GA Two-Face cover (Detective #68). He wasn't on the cover of his first appearance in Detective #66.

makepoint.gif Well get busy, you're almost done!

What's your favorite overall issue of the set?

An update and different format for my Airboy group shot and of course, after putting the books away, I realized I forgot to put the March 1952 issue in the shot foreheadslap.gif Still, here they are ... -

1516336-AirboyGroupShotDec06.jpg

I caught the missing issue immediately without even reading your comment. makepoint.gif

Anyway, that looks very cool! Been about a year for you to put that together?

Anyway, that looks very cool! Been about a year for you to put that together?

Actually 2 years. Bought the first ones in Nov. '04. Considering this is a side project, I'm happy with the progress.

48 issues ain't nothing to sneeze at! thumbsup2.gif

An update and different format for my Airboy group shot and of course, after putting the books away, I realized I forgot to put the March 1952 issue in the shot foreheadslap.gif Still, here they are ... -

hello all.... hail.gif

oustanding run!

rick

I really like the Heap and Science Fiction covers towards the end of the run--I'm glad you put them in front so we can see them thumbsup2.gif

makepoint.gif Well get busy, you're almost done!

What's your favorite overall issue of the set?

Waiting for the right copy of Tec #68. makepoint.gif

My favorite Two-Face issue is probably Tec #66. Of the ones I own, Detective #80 where he becomes Harvey Kent again. The only plastic surgeon who can perform the surgery was in a concentration camp in Germany in #66 and escaped by issue #80. It's the only mention of Nazi Germany I've seen in Detective Comics.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why don't you spread the books out in the shape of an airplane & take a new picture??? You've got enough Airboy's to do. poke2.gif