• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

And to think, none of them are slabbed...I'm sure it's been noticed,even mentioned...none of them are slabbed. That's pretty cool.

hello all...

bill is the true quintessential GA collector...most were likely slabbed at one time, but for someone like bill, if you can't open them, smell them, hold them and READ them, then what is the point (to the pure collector)...heck bill let me "smell" my first Mile High last weekend...woo hoo!...

Just like a First Grader sniffing a freshly opened box of crayons! cloud9.gif

I believe it was the MH I got from you he was sniffing! grin.gif

Ciorac,

Your baker's dozen is(...............ready for the pun.............)SWEET!!!! No seriously it's awesome. Keep up the good work.

-CW

And to think, none of them are slabbed...I'm sure it's been noticed,even mentioned...none of them are slabbed. That's pretty cool.

hello all...

bill is the true quintessential GA collector...most were likely slabbed at one time, but for someone like bill, if you can't open them, smell them, hold them and READ them, then what is the point (to the pure collector)...heck bill let me "smell" my first Mile High last weekend...woo hoo!...

Just like a First Grader sniffing a freshly opened box of crayons! cloud9.gif

I believe it was the MH I got from you he was sniffing! grin.gif

Excellent! headbang.gif

Ciorac,

Your baker's dozen is(...............ready for the pun.............)SWEET!!!! No seriously it's awesome. Keep up the good work.

-CW

Thanks CW!

It'll be a while before I add to it, so I thought it best to memorialize it now! grin.gif

ponscon1r.jpg

hello all...

another shot from "bill's bed"....first time I was able to get my best/most beloved books into one shot....with some assistance from filter81 (Supes 1, second Flash 1) and thanks to bill for the photography...

rick

ponscon1r.jpg

hello all...

another shot from "bill's bed"....first time I was able to get my best/most beloved books into one shot....with some assistance from filter81 (Supes 1, second Flash 1) and thanks to bill for the photography...

rick

I don't think I will ever wash that comforter again! It smells like golden age!

BTW Rick, that 5.0 Batman 1 was astonishing! It is what put me over the edge and made me do the deal for Matt's copy.

Yours is incredible though! Highlight of the weekend! hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks all. I love these group shots.

Only thing, I can't keep straight which books belong to who. Who's holding what for whom. And, which two of who own which one of what?

All you need to remember is that I own none of those great books you keep seeing on here. yeahok.gif

Only thing, I can't keep straight which books belong to who. Who's holding what for whom. And, which two of who own which one of what?

hello all..

the "major" group shot was a combination of everyone that attended "ponscon"...we just all grabbed some keys (I think we were only missing an action 1 and a whiz 1 to have most all) and put them in the shot...

...I think Xavier Logan, Billy Parker, Ciorac, Detective27kid, Restoman, and a few that are not on these boards (yet) all contributed to the "big" group shot...the last shot I posted (detective27kid) were books that I have in my collection, with 2 of them (the 8.5 restored flash and the 7.5 restored supes 1) books that I don't fully own...

rick

Thanks guys,

I am glad you like it.

and Detective27kid, Yowza is a word I reserve for collections like yours.

Fantastic set of books C-dub!!!

Beautiful Spirits and a nice mix of other titles, toss in a Fantastic #3 and a Detective 31 and MAN that is just fabulous!

Here is my recently updated "Baker's Dozen"

bakersdozen.jpg

Is that a DETECTIVE 27 garbage can?

What are you, some kind of comic nerd??? poke2.gif

(great money shot Bill!)

this guy is so strong, he keeps a 'tec 27 IN the garbage can!!!!!!!

ponscon1r.jpg

hello all...

rick

rick, i TOLD you those color xeroxes would look just like real comics inside those fortresses. awesome!!

Thanks guys,

I am glad you like it.

Beautiful Spirits and a nice mix of other titles, toss in a Fantastic #3 and a Detective 31 and MAN that is just fabulous!

bakersdozen.jpg

ponscon1r.jpg

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Those group shots are simply amazing "Ciorac" and "Detective27kid".

If your DC superheroes are ever looking for some female action, please send those books over to my place so I can hook them up with some GGA babes. tongue.gif

I promise to give them the playboy mansion royal treatment. blush.gif

Never one to let a good thing end I figured I'd fish this thread out of the depths of page 3 on the thread list. For the last 5 years I have been working hard at putting together a Goldenage Spirit collection worthy of the title. It is still a work in progress but for now the numbers game is done. To date the collection represents 13 of the highest graded copies as well as 14 books from 7 different pedigrees. It isn't a run of Action comics but I hope you enjoy it all the same. grin.gif

DSCN1934.jpg

While I was at it I figured I'd take a picture with all the kids in it.

DSCN1979.jpg

As you can see I spent all of my money on comics and had nothing left for a good camera frown.gif

Very Impressive Indeed thumbsup2.gif

Thanks guys,

I am glad you like it.

bakersdozen.jpg

Is that a DETECTIVE 27 garbage can?

What are you, some kind of comic nerd??? poke2.gif

(great money shot Bill!)

this guy is so strong, he keeps a 'tec 27 IN the garbage can!!!!!!!

sign-funnypost.gif Billy!

hello all..

the "major" group shot was a combination of everyone that attended "ponscon"...we just all grabbed some keys (I think we were only missing an action 1 and a whiz 1 to have most all) and put them in the shot...

...I think Xavier Logan, Billy Parker, Ciorac, Detective27kid, Restoman, and a few that are not on these boards (yet) all contributed to the "big" group shot...the last shot I posted (detective27kid) were books that I have in my collection, with 2 of them (the 8.5 restored flash and the 7.5 restored supes 1) books that I don't fully own...

rick

The Baker's Dozen group shot are all my books. (Oh, and so is the bed....) wink.gif