• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

mmcslabs.jpg

posted in the timely thread, but since my passion for MMC continues to grow exponentially, I figured multiple placements would make me feel good smile.gif

rick

Nice train table. I'll have to look into a protective cover like that.

ok, nice comics.

yeah, my son's toys have taken over my office/guest house...but, cool to have him in there with me while I am working

rick

Group shot of key "Funny Animal" books. Still need an Richie Rich 1, or Little Dot 1 and a Four Color 33 or Large Feature 8. Terry Toons 50 is also a good book I don't have. I suppose also an Our Gang #1 but I'd probably rather have a high grade Tom and Jerry #1 instead.

Let's see what else....a key comic representing animation characters with long running comic book series starting in the 40's. Let me know what you comie up with. Archie, Tracy, Joe Palooka and others are out since they didn't have a serious string of animation shorts from the 40's or 50's. I made an exception for the Barks Scrooge issues and I couldn't decide between showing only one of the two Porky's.

Most of these are really tough finds in Fine or better, thus the lower grades on these keys. Even still, the Funnies and Little Dot are the highest graded copy and the FC 48 is second highest. WDCS 1 speaks for itself and there are maybe 10 Terry Toons 38's graded. The Scrooges are pretty common but what funny animal collection would be complete without.

Pics229.jpg

Let's see what else....a key comic representing animation characters with long running comic book series starting in the 40's. Let me know what you comie up with.

Maybe a Funnies #64 - very tough book, or you can settle for a FC#169

Very nice group btw - FC48 was the first Barks book I ever got (nowhere near as nice as yours of course) and I love that Looney Tunes #1.

Let's see what else....a key comic representing animation characters with long running comic book series starting in the 40's. Let me know what you comie up with.

Maybe a Funnies #64 - very tough book, or you can settle for a FC#169

Center of top row, right?

How about Crackajack Funnies 39? 1st comic book Andy Panda, but he's not mentioned on the cover.

Great stuff!

Jack

Very nice group btw - FC48 was the first Barks book I ever got (nowhere near as nice as yours of course) and I love that Looney Tunes #1.

Carckajack Funnies 39 is probably on the list, I certainly wouldn't turn one down but the Funnies 64 is a pretty decent representation of Andy Panda as his first cover (and classic flag cover) combined with Woody's first appearance.

The Four Color Chilli Willi is on the list and I can't figure a good example of a first Tweety and/or Sylvester the Cat or Yosemite Sam. I guess I need a Four Color 4 and 16 (first series) for solid Mickey and Donald ffirst solo comics but they are pretty pricey at this point and I have a tough time accepting less than VG.

Don't all get excited at once, but here's a Western (Prize Comics Western) group shot. I hadn't realized how many I've added since the last time I put them all together - American Eagle rocks headbang.gif -

1772658-PCWGroupShot.jpg

1772658-PCWGroupShot.jpg.67b485cfea9ccd9f3f21e7b87d441eaa.jpg

Don't all get excited at once, but here's a Western (Prize Comics Western) group shot. I hadn't realized how many I've added since the last time I put them all together - American Eagle rocks headbang.gif -

1772658-PCWGroupShot.jpg

Very Nice! 893applaud-thumb.gif I used to have a large collection of westerns. As soon as I got rid of them, my wife stopped taking interest in my comics. She is extremely fond of horses. cloud9.gif

1772658-PCWGroupShot.jpg

As owner of a few of those, I do know how cool the art and stories are! Congrats -- you're making excellent progress! 893applaud-thumb.gif

gagroup42907r.jpg

these puppies are heading off to CGC for grading/resto check, and entombing...

gator

NICE!! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

What condition is that CMA #4?

hello all..

I have the CMA as a fn+...we'll see what cgc says (my guess is 7.0)

gator

Don't all get excited at once, but here's a Western (Prize Comics Western) group shot. I hadn't realized how many I've added since the last time I put them all together - American Eagle rocks

Is it my turn to get excited?

This is a great series! Lots of Severin and Severin/Elder artwork, right?

I have only a couple issues and would like to have more.

Jack

1772658-PCWGroupShot.jpg

Some of my favorites........

geekfest07004.jpg

Sorry for the glare. Blue Bolt just zapped somebody!

Bah! They are not all from the same series poke2.gif

hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

Interesting range in your selection. Why the Smash 14? Is there something special about this issue I should know?

Bah! They are not all from the same series poke2.gif

hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

Interesting range in your selection. Why the Smash 14? Is there something special about this issue I should know?

It is the first Ray, with art by Lou Fine. Smash covers, for the most part, are pretty lame. But the Ray cover on #17 is great. I try to get at least one cool cover from every war-time title. So I picked up a #17 as well. But that #14 is like a bad penny. I have sold it three different times, and ended up buying it back every single time! It seems whenever I sell it to someone they go through some sort of financial turmoil within a couple of years. Whenever I buy it back, I seem to pick up a bunch of nice books with it. (Anybody want a Smash #14?)