• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,365 posts in this topic

Another small contribution of recent upgrades and purchases to my collection:

6-15-08purchases.jpeg

Awesome group shot Plady (worship).

From the Sensation to the end........ :takeit:

you are such a dc goober (thumbs u

There is a reason I am such a big DC Goober Det27Kid. I am still very bitter over selling a beautiful run of Marvel Mystery from 65-90 back in the late 70's for $10. apiece! Those were the days, huh? I can't stomach to look at those issues anymore; I almost cry! It was an original owner set that ranged from fine-v. fine. ;o(

Anyway, don't know if you remember this shot from awhile back:

new_purchases.jpg

Edited by plady69

There is a reason I am such a big DC Goober Det27Kid. I am still very bitter over selling a beautiful run of Marvel Mystery from 65-90 back in the late 70's for $10. apiece! Those were the days, huh? I can't stomach to look at those issues anymore; I almost cry! It was an original owner set that ranged from fine-v. fine. ;o(

new_purchases.jpg

I am a DC goober too, as is ciorac (jab was initially at him, but you are welcome to join us!)... I love your group shots :cloud9:

new_purchases.jpg

I am a DC goober too, as is ciorac (jab was initially at him, but you are welcome to join us!)... I love your group shots :cloud9:

Those are both wonderful groupings of books!

DC Goobers Unite! :headbang:

I would like to formerly open the first official meeting of the DC Goobers of the World club, and nominate Ciorac as Chair, Plady69 as Vice, Adamstrange as Sergeant at Arms and billyparker as trash collector... can I get a second?

I would like to formerly open the first official meeting of the DC Goobers of the World club, and nominate Ciorac as Chair, Plady69 as Vice, Adamstrange as Sergeant at Arms and billyparker as trash collector... can I get a second?

Seems like you need some DC Gomers to complement the DC Goobers.

Jack

Sha-zay-um!

Seems like you need some DC Gomers to complement the DC Goobers.

Jack

Sha-zay-um!

sub chapter (shrug)

:acclaim:

new_purchases.jpg

(worship):applause:

I Second the motion :acclaim: (you can't second yourself, Bill;) Beautiful books, DC Goobers...I grew up with DC's...Marvels were those "other "guys;)

Edited by skypinkblu

I Second the motion :acclaim: (you can't second yourself, Bill;) Beautiful books, DC Goobers...I grew up with DC's...Marvels were those "other "guys;)

Unfortunately, DC rules require that you join as "secretary".

http://my.execpc.com/~icicle/WONDERWOMAN.html

"In 1942, Wonder Woman encountered the Justice Society of America. A male-dominated organization, the JSA declined Wonder Woman full membership, despite the fact that she possessed more raw ability than any of the current membership except the Spectre (All-Star Comics vol. 1 #11). She was, however, offered a position as "secretary," which she accepted."

I'll try to think of a boardie to second your nomination.

Jack

(How many words per minute? :baiting:)

"In 1942, Wonder Woman encountered the Justice Society of America. A male-dominated organization, the JSA declined Wonder Woman full membership, despite the fact that she possessed more raw ability than any of the current membership except the Spectre (All-Star Comics vol. 1 #11). She was, however, offered a position as "secretary," which she accepted."

Jack

At least 90, I always typed faster than my secretarys...(and you can't afford me;) :baiting:

Jack

At least 90, I always typed faster than my secretarys...(and you can't afford me;) :baiting:

Wonder Woman worked pro bono!

You're insinuating that you're worth more than Diana?

Jack

Did Cher work pro Bono?

Jack

Jack

Did Cher work pro Bono?

OMG, Jack... :makepoint::roflmao:

Edited by skypinkblu

Jack

Jack

Did Cher work pro Bono?

:applause:

plady, since timelys are so stomach-churning to you now, send along that blonde phantom to me so i can upgrade my little rag.

VERY nice group.