• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Well there are 3 Church books in there. Also a Hawkeye, Rockford, 2 Diamond Runs and a whole mess of Crippens.

That #26 in 2.5 looks a bit out of place. If you ever decide to upgrade I would be happy to take it off your hands for you. :grin:

this great thread has been allowed to lay fallow for a whole month. so, in celebration of completing this cool little run [the 2 was a loooong time coming], i offer....

mysteryrun.jpg

I need to find the rest to go with my #2. That #4 is real purdy too although the cover is bland. Not sure which of the first three are the best. You've got that crazy fuschia monster in #1, That cool blue title and flamethrower in #2, and a cool red robot with a tommy gun on #3. Great Set! Edited by CAP Freak

Well there are 3 Church books in there. Also a Hawkeye, Rockford, 2 Diamond Runs and a whole mess of Crippens.

That #26 in 2.5 looks a bit out of place. If you ever decide to upgrade I would be happy to take it off your hands for you. :grin:

I'd love to upgrade. Finding an upgrade is another matter :(

this great thread has been allowed to lay fallow for a whole month. so, in celebration of completing this cool little run [the 2 was a loooong time coming], i offer....

mysteryrun.jpg

I need to find the rest to go with my #2. That #4 is real purdy too although the cover is bland. Not sure which of the first three are the best. You've got that crazy fuschia monster in #1, That cool blue title and flamethrower in #2, and a cool red robot with a tommy gun on #3. Great Set!

ain't it strange what rows geeks' boats? i like the 4 best of all--something about the unusual white banner, hooded guys, and of course i've always liked superheroes erupting out of coffins.

Some fun stuff --

comics-gga-overload.jpg

Wow! Great batch of books :applause:Like 'em all, but love the Sun Girl :luhv:
seven seas 6 my favorite cover in that group.

Thanks for the welcome, etc. Yes, I guess this lot does reveal me to be a "horndog." I have various other style of golden-age comics but I happened to have these out the other day so I could put them all in mylar sleeves I got in the mail, and figured I might as well pop a photo to post in this message forum (ever since I've discovered this forum, I have been blown away by all the amazing collections and photos here).

A while back I realized it would be very difficult to get full runs for most of the things I like. So I decided instead to get a sampling of 1 or 2 issues of each title I like. Then I decided I had better narrow it down further and so I concentrated more on GGA because they are more fun to show to people.

I started off getting into golden age due to my appreciation for Mad Magazines, which led to EC comics, which led to reading Grant Geissman's "Foul Play!," which led to an appreciation for the individual artists, which led to finding the artists' work in other publications, which led to an appreciation of various non-EC artists, which of course led to some of the greats like L.B. Cole, Schomburg and Matt Baker.

I am still pretty new to this (only been collecting GA comics for a little over a year) and don't really know what I am doing half the time. It is funny how you can get into something, buy it up, and then a few months later have shifted interests and sell it all off again. Ideally I want to keep a lot of this stuff to stash away as an investment for my kids or something, but I guess I'll have to make some kids first, and oddly enough, a comics obsession isn't much help with that...

Anyway I look forward to shooting the breeze with people here.