• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Man, I've been wanting to post this group shot for a LONG time. The 16 just arrived and I am... well, :banana:

I'm REALLY happy for you, Dan - that's one of the best Group Shots I've seen.

Just picked up a small group of books. The person I bought them from found them at her grandfather's house, and he wanted her to throw them away! I guess he's a bit of a packrat, and told her he has more comics in his house somewhere. Highlights are Action 56, Pep 34, Sensation 13. Also has a Whiz 34 and 38, Bulletman 10, Daredevil 15 (extra staples), and a Walt Disney Comics and Stories 24 (Vol 2 #12). Most of this will be a sales thread as soon as I get scans done. The granddaughter is going to be at his house for Easter, so lets hope she's got more goodies!

comics.JPG

I like those early Whiz covers.

:banana:

5719114984_bb0f15020d_z.jpg

Great stuff Ciorac.

Here are a few from the "A" box.

5544930852_548d303df7_z.jpg

5544928148_7ed05ecd5d_z.jpg

A few of these are incomplete but they look good in the group photo.

Some of these are incomplete too but I am happy to have the giants in any condition.

5723244551_1cf24156fc_z.jpg

bought a few cool GA books this past weekend...some for me, some I will have at heroes (shameless plug)... really great time!

gacollection001.jpg

Lots of books in there I'd love to sit down and browse :applause:

With more $$, I'd inquire about two of them :sorry:

my goal was to only buy "inventory" for the upcoming convention season, but I kept finding myself saying "I need this one for me" lol so quite a few are going into my collection box...but cool group shots nonetheless...

my goal was to only buy "inventory" for the upcoming convention season, but I kept finding myself saying "I need this one for me" lol so quite a few are going into my collection box...but cool group shots nonetheless...
So which ones are you keeping?

So which ones are you keeping?
Aman 22 and zip 22 for sure. Have to revisit my notes on rest lol

bought a few cool GA books this past weekend...some for me, some I will have at heroes (shameless plug)... really great time!

gacollection001.jpg

Wow! Some really nice choices for inventory Rick. I imagine you'll have little trouble finding homes for these at upcoming conventions. I know I have my eye on a few.