• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Mike, the speed in which you sold your Actions says a lot about how healthy the market is for this title. My personal favorite. :cloud9:
Yes, very healthy. The market easily absorbed 82 Actions between #1 and #100 within 10 weeks. I got solid prices for the books too.

I'll have to look into this "Action Comics" title. hm

I probably shouldn't say this but, I have never owned a #48 :fear:

Don't feel bad. I've never owned any issue prior to #28.

I have never owned any issue prior to #33 :cry:

you all have AMAZING collections, we just all collect in different ways, the difficult thing is, that if your buying issues under #24, you have 3 choices, buy low grade or restored, or if you want higher condition, you have to really pay up (a.ka. mannup!) lol!

Mike, I've owned 5 different Action #48s, and have sold them all over time except for my keeper, none were slabbed though, or I would have offered one to you. Jeff's 8.0 copy is da bomb, and I could kick myself for not manning up on the Mile High copy the last time it was up for auction and went for (only) $8k,

as for issues under #24, I've had a 10, 17 (briefly), 19, 20, 21 (briefly), and 23. have sold all except for the #10, cuz I know once it's gone I won't be able to buy another,. all the ones I've sold, went into other or better books. love the hobby always buying and selling.

:)

Just finished this little run of 'rocket ship' Weird Science Fantasy. Took me longer than I thought - with these books I think a low grade run or high grade file copies is relatively easy. Finding decent midgrades of all six took a while. I'm glad I persevered though.

WSF_sixpack_zps4dcaec2e.jpg

Just finished this little run of 'rocket ship' Weird Science Fantasy. Took me longer than I thought - with these books I think a low grade run or high grade file copies is relatively easy. Finding decent midgrades of all six took a while. I'm glad I persevered though.

:applause:

And one of those relatively rare groups where the interior stories more than live up to the covers.

Nice! Very good looking set. Finding them with the white areas still bright and clean is a bit of a pain. I have a copy of #24 on it's way over to CGC now :)

Edited by Sauce Dog

WSF_sixpack_zps4dcaec2e.jpg

Very nice. (thumbs u

8545457147_7157acaef0_b.jpg

I am enjoying those crime comics. Especially like the stories by Montana and Briefer in CDNP.

:applause: Another great group shot.

On a different note, does anyone know if the Dic k Tracy stories of the 40's and early 50's

from Super Comics or Dic k Tracy Monthly (Dell/Harvey) are all strip reprints?

8545457147_7157acaef0_b.jpg

I am enjoying those crime comics. Especially like the stories by Montana and Briefer in CDNP.

:applause: Another great group shot.

On a different note, does anyone know if the Dic k Tracy stories of the 40's and early 50's

from Super Comics or Dic k Tracy Monthly (Dell/Harvey) are all strip reprints?

4059151844_7f8d617810_o.jpg

I am assuming this was a strip reprint which was in Dell FC and Harvey Detective Tracy. I don't know if it was in Super which I think was entirely strip reprints of Tracy...but I think it probably was too. Do you have that one Bill...Super with the Swami story, I mean?

Edited by BB-Gun

My understanding is that they are all reprints which at times makes it odd since the sequences will not fit neatly in one single monthly issue so you'll get one full sequence and the start of the next with a To Be Continued into the following month's issue. Unfortunately, I do not know off the top of my head how much time the comics were away from the strip (i.e., 1952 comics were reprinting 1950 strip or what not).

8543965363_76d2e77920_c.jpg

8545061858_9f1849e3e7_c.jpg

Ace comics are fun to collect but some of the titles seem to be hard to find. :banana:

Love it! I've been looking for a Four Favorites #11 (war bond cover) for years but haven't seen one come up for sale in any grade. So, yeah, they might be a little hard to find...

Love it! I've been looking for a Four Favorites #11 (war bond cover) for years but haven't seen one come up for sale in any grade. So, yeah, they might be a little hard to find...

Only three on the census, and this one is the lowest graded of the three :acclaim:

fourfavorites11.jpg