• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

11972772615_e429913974_c.jpg

I added another Ditko cover to the pile but not happy about the condition. However, they are addictive. I might OD if I find a near mint copy.

Nice Ditko trio! That Unusual Tales has been on my want list for quite a while now! :applause:

+1 It's very unusual to find one for sale.

Some old comics I found lying around.

5C71BF94-435A-43B9-9947-6B7B82979E90.jpg

I spy a Fantastic 1 :takeit:

Yes- Ciorac's copy, formerly owned by JeffB and prior to that DCman. Although it looks like I owned those books forever since they are not encapsulated, I cracked most of them out of the slabs, including the Fantastic #1.

Edited by TheSurgeon

This was Overstreet's copy. I think it was printed in the color section of one of the Guides.

UnusualTales6.jpg

Is that a Compton stamp on the MMC#2? Wonderful books. :applause:

It is! CGC did not note it as a file copy on the label, but if I resubmit it I will ask them to note it. Some other Timely file copies including a Compton stamped copy of MMC #4 were posted in this file copy thread. Both the MMC 4 and my MMC 2 have around five tiny holes indicating they were likely bound together at one time.

David

Edited by TheSurgeon

11988382625_4e48172a21_c.jpg

In the beginning they tried subtle violence and overt .

11988388925_7267143730_c.jpg

They decided to be overt and gruesome during the early part of the run.

11988382995_f62b2c3f1a_c.jpg

After a lot of flack, I imagine, the police became more effective and less blood was spilled, just a little broken glass.

A few shots of the new Bedrock City vintage comics room, and a chance for a Timely guy to show off a few DC comics...

dc6.jpg

dc2.jpg

dc3.jpg

dc1.jpg

That would make a pretty neat table top but i would worry about beer stains ruining the finish :)

..... is there a button that lowers the table into the floor when the Stripper Pole comes down ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That would make a pretty neat table top but i would worry about beer stains ruining the finish :)

..... is there a button that lowers the table into the floor when the Stripper Pole comes down ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:idea:

What a fantastic set up!

Did I detect a new Superman (4th down from the top, 2nd from the left) lurking in the pile? hm

dc6.jpg

Very impressive group shot! (worship)

Mr. B was kind enough to give my wife & I the grand tour a few weeks back when we had a book signing event scheduled in Houston.

Wow, what a great store. Highly recommend checking it out, and if you don't live in the area, it's worth the trip! (thumbs u

Thanks again, Richard. :hi:

Did I detect a new Superman (4th down from the top, 2nd from the left) lurking in the pile? hm

#26? I think I had it when you were here.

Very impressive group shot! (worship)

Mr. B was kind enough to give my wife & I the grand tour a few weeks back when we had a book signing event scheduled in Houston.

Wow, what a great store. Highly recommend checking it out, and if you don't live in the area, it's worth the trip! (thumbs u

Thanks again, Richard. :hi:

Thanks Cat!