• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,323 posts in this topic

Some precode thrills and naughtiness I've picked up in the past year or so. :shy:

1zx8ayw.jpg

Great pick ups! Gems all, but i agree with the sentiment, if the interiors were too 'tame' for the hardcore PCH set here, you must admit, a lot of the Manhunt covers were knockouts!

Thanks guys. (thumbs u

Great eye as always. That Manhunt should be on more folks' radar :o

I really dig it. Cover drawn by Ogden Whitney, but with the strong blacks and colors it almost looks like LB Cole.

Glad I found this #6, but I do wish I'd also picked up a #14 back when they were a bit more plentiful.

Some precode thrills and naughtiness I've picked up in the past year or so. :shy:

1zx8ayw.jpg

Nice Haul! If I were a kid staring at those on the newstand with only one dime to spend I know I'd go home unhappy.

But your mother would be smiling that you only got one!

:applause: Fantastic set of PCH J!!!!!!! Why is that Chamber of Chills not designated a Classic Cover on the CGC label? awesome stuff brother (thumbs u

25095834474_3e0967ab54_b.jpg

I think most of my Red Ryder comics are in this pic. I still have a lot more Lone Ranger Comics but I do enjoy these too. The early issues have a lot of other Sunday strips inside like Oop and Captain Easy but Red was the major attraction. I was a devoted follower of his daily strip back in the fifties and early sixties. :headbang:

25095834474_3e0967ab54_b.jpg

I think most of my Red Ryder comics are in this pic. I still have a lot more Lone Ranger Comics but I do enjoy these too. The early issues have a lot of other Sunday strips inside like Oop and Captain Easy but Red was the major attraction. I was a devoted follower of his daily strip back in the fifties and early sixties. :headbang:

I like it :applause:

Pile of Comics :cloud9:

25534988131_b8e936aaf5_b.jpg

Another view of the pile of comics...

25534988131_b8e936aaf5_b.jpg

Another view of the pile of comics...

Bruce you have any childhood pickups in there

Jack, a lot of silver age that I purchased or obtained in my youth at the bottom of the pile. No golden age left from younger years except Disney Comics and a few westerns.