• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,322 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

While cleaning up my files, I found this. Giant Comics Editions near complete run. Missing an Abbie & Slat and a Terry Toons I believe. Boy, some of these are tough...

comgiantcomicseditionsrun.jpg

Stunning set Bob!

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

While cleaning up my files, I found this. Giant Comics Editions near complete run. Missing an Abbie & Slat and a Terry Toons I believe. Boy, some of these are tough...

You're making our Baker fans jealous with this one, RM!

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

There were three Terry Toons...

#3, 5A, and 10

giantcomics3.jpg

giantcomics5A.jpg

giantcomics10.jpg

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here's the Abbie & Slats.  But was it (and the GCE in the lower left corner) part of the St John series?

RADE8305201662_15398_zpsm3n44wzt.jpg

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo

23 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Ah memories - this was my Green Lantern quad pride-and-joy, but unfortunately I no longer own the AA16.

GLquad.png

I hope folks are taking notes because that is how it's done right there!!! WHOA!!!

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Well....That's AWESOME!!!!!!

Incredible near  impossible set RM! 

What a great group Steve!!! Too bad about the 16... I always hate the "no longer own" statement... We ALL have them.  Is the 17 the World's Fair issue?

The All-American 18 is the World's Fair issue. I had a raw VF+ back in the day, didn't realize how difficult it would be to replace and so haven't... :p

33 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Ah memories - this was my Green Lantern quad pride-and-joy, but unfortunately I no longer own the AA16.

GLquad.png

Awesome pic ! Still you have that gorgeous GL1.

16 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Awesome pic ! Still you have that gorgeous GL1.

Thanks Peter - it has a little bit of restoration so would be a PLOD, I love it just the same.

The AA 17 is a solid mid-grade.

The AA 20 is a de-slabbed CGC 8.5 (highest graded, I believe). 

The AA 16 was the Detroit Trolley copy. :cry:

Do you know if the AA16 was eventually slabbed and if so what grade did it receive ?

Metro has a raw "8.5" with cover cleaned. Saw it today. Nice but dunno about the "8.5" though.

The AA20 has a Tec 37 "look" to it :smile:

gre1.239a.jpg

Edited by Gotham Kid

20 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Do you know if the AA16 was eventually slabbed and if so what grade did it receive ?

Metro has a raw "8.5" with cover cleaned. Saw it today. Nice but dunno about the "8.5" though.

The AA20 has a Tec 37 "look" to it :smile:

Yes - the Detroit Trolley AA 16 was pressed by the new owner, slabbed as a CGC 6.0, and then sold on CLink.

My copy of AA 20 is the fabled "Indian Reservation" copy (from Gary Carter). The Church copy of AA 20 is apparently 'missing'.

Funny you should say that, I too have always thought that AA 20 has a 'Tec 37 vibe to it! :) 

4 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Yes - the Detroit Trolley AA 16 was pressed by the new owner, slabbed as a CGC 6.0, and then sold on CLink.

My copy of AA 20 is the fabled "Indian Reservation" copy (from Gary Carter). The Church copy of AA 20 is apparently 'missing'.

Funny you should say that, I too have always thought that AA 20 has a 'Tec 37 vibe to it! :) 

This is the only unrestored 16 in 6.0 other is restored 6.0. Was this your copy.

All American 16 cgc 6,0.jpg

5 minutes ago, woowoo said:

This is the only unrestored 16 in 6.0 other is restored 6.0. Was this your copy.

All American 16 cgc 6,0.jpg

Yes, that's it - notice the Detroit Trolley -script 'L' in the "comics" logo.

Edited by sacentaur