• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,323 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2021 at 10:04 AM, Robot Man said:

Love them! Picked this up at the flea market yesterday. Some other guy grabbed the guillotine before I could get it...:sorry:

ADDCD4CB-8A16-47E2-8949-BDD16836EA4B.jpeg

Nice to find them in the wild.  Sad you didn’t snag the other one.

Hopefully in a few weeks I will post a major update on mine !

On 9/27/2021 at 5:43 PM, batman_fan said:

So I have been slowly working on putting together several sets of the various Aurora models.  They show up from time to time but tend to go high.  I decided on a whim to reach out to Mr Bedrock.  People that have dealt with him know he gets a lot of cool material in that isn't just comics.  Rich didn't have any but he gave me a lead on Bunky Brothers having a bunch not too long ago. I reached out to them and Ken gave me pictures of the various items I was interested and we closed the deal.  Models arrived today!  They are awesome and help get me closer to closing out on several (and allowed me to complete one set!).

Big thanks to Mr Bedrocks and Ken for helping me get my model fix !

Batman set - started it back in the late 1980s with buying the Robin kit from Howard Rockman.  He had a Batman too but I couldn't hid the purchase from my now ex-wife.

Aurora square kit, down to one more !  I had almost all of these as a kid except for the Witch and King Kong.  I didn't remember the King Kong and Godzilla being in the bigger boxes.

Start of my long box monster kits.  These came out too early for me but you would see them from time to time in hobby shops.  I snagged three of the more expensive ones but I would say none are cheap.

IMG_4751.jpg

IMG_4753.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

Awsome group! I have had most of them at one time or another. Never owned or seen the Penguin, The Batcycle or the Bride in person. 

Good to knock out the tougher long box monsters first. I would put the Godzilla and Customizing Kit in that group too. 

The guy that had the Prisoner and Guillotine built ups also had nice boxed Mummy and Dracula too but put them on the bay before I saw them. Nice but unsealed went around $140 each. I forgot to ask if he had any more. 

Are you going after the other DC superheroes too? 

Me, I’m more of a Revell guy myself. And, I prefer my monsters driving hot rods. 

I had them all but traded a few to a friend for a nice early Fender tube amplifier. 

Although, I’ve had sealed ones, I generally prefer them unsealed and unbuilt. Like my comics, I like to enjoy the insides. 

I left the Mr Gasser slot car sealed because it is so damn rare and you can see it through the plastic the way it was factory sealed. 

D910CFB5-1A9B-4591-A649-0A84074B0D4F.jpeg

On 9/27/2021 at 7:57 PM, Robot Man said:

Me, I’m more of a Revell guy myself. And, I prefer my monsters driving hot rods. 

I had them all but traded a few to a friend for a nice early Fender tube amplifier. 

Although, I’ve had sealed ones, I generally prefer them unsealed and unbuilt. Like my comics, I like to enjoy the insides. 

I left the Mr Gasser slot car sealed because it is so damn rare and you can see it through the plastic the way it was factory sealed. 

D910CFB5-1A9B-4591-A649-0A84074B0D4F.jpeg

I had a few of those and the Weird-Ohs as a kid.  Still have one Weird Oh in the box (Basketball player).  Do young kids still build models?

On 9/27/2021 at 10:50 PM, Crowzilla said:

If we are doing models now (and hot rods) I feel like I should add these:

20210928_013918.jpg

Godzilla’s Go Cart...:x  A super rare and expensive one. Congrats!

I found Frankenstien’s Fliver once in a box of books at an estate sale. Sadly, long gone now.