• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

Weeding through this thread, I found myself wanting to reach out and _read_ all those great books. Thanks a lot for sharing the box and your positive attitude with the rest of us!

I'm primarily a Bronze Age Collector/Dealer, but after seeing all these comics that you are posting you made me want to purchase Golden Age.....Thanks

The CGC forum effect! Nothing has been proven as effective as getting guys in their 20s or 30s to buy GA as these boards. I love it!

Btw, neat to see that this box contained Batmans 21 and 30. The first mail order I ever got was from a Trader ad in CBG over 20 years ago and it was for those two issues. Instant love for GA! (I was 16 or so.)

Marc

everyone was on this guy saying he was full of [embarrassing lack of self control] and he just smiled and kept posting.

"Everyone" wasn't on his case. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yeah.

I was hoping he'd find an Action 7 or a Tech 31.

Check the early posts. poke2.gif

I don't know who this Joe Collector guy is...but with 14,000+ posts obviously he's a mainstay here.

But I gotta tell you - good manners never go out of style - and you, sir, need to learn some..

You should be ashamed acting the way you do in public...trying to bully and browbeat this guy...saying he's going to rip off his uncle. Anyone with a modicum of sense - who has read all the posts - knows that was never this fellow's intention.

Grow up and behave yourself.

Krighton, thanks for a wonderful thread. I've had the good fortune to share your exhileration a few times during the past 30 years. For comic book collectors, nothing else comes close!

Congrats!

--Gary

893applaud-thumb.gif

in reference to the ebay, yes i try to grade the books fairly and make the pictures as large as possible so that people at least have a pretty good clue as to what they're getting. The first auction's picture was too small as i was still getting used to ebay's slightly different picture uploading. Was going to change the size but someone had already posted a bid and figured i'd let that one ride. All the auctions will be giant scans so that people can see all the flaws. I'll have to find a web hosting service that makes it easier to do multiple photos than photobucket.

thanks for enjoying the thread, with this many responses i'm sure to make a gaffe or two that may make people think something odd is going on, but it really isn't

in reference to the ebay, yes i try to grade the books fairly and make the pictures as large as possible so that people at least have a pretty good clue as to what they're getting. The first auction's picture was too small as i was still getting used to ebay's slightly different picture uploading. Was going to change the size but someone had already posted a bid and figured i'd let that one ride. All the auctions will be giant scans so that people can see all the flaws. I'll have to find a web hosting service that makes it easier to do multiple photos than photobucket.

thanks for enjoying the thread, with this many responses i'm sure to make a gaffe or two that may make people think something odd is going on, but it really isn't

Do you have a link to your ebay auction listings?

Here's the first auction, only 8 total going but you can access them once you get there, and they're pretty rough shape so i hope you haven't eaten breakfast...basically selling the rough ones off to get up some CGC money and kind of start the ball rolling. I mentioned a few pages back that I didn't want to sell off all the good ones and be left looking at the bad ones, some psychological issue i have.

Batman 30

oh, and the background on the shadow blb is different because i cropped them all together in photoshop, but to reiterate, all the books i have scanned are from the same box, i have a pretty small personal collection, a couple red ryders and some crossgen stuff, sold all my tales of suspense/iron mans when i lost my job a couple years back, very painful to do as i was close to a run, but with 3 kids you have to set your priorities smile.gif

A bit of advice from somebody who sells all the time - you should have your listings last for seven days, that way you get maximum visibility and have weekends built in, as well as having less chance for people just to miss them. Great stuff!

you know, i've been selling on ebay since around 1999 or so and i've tried both ways, 3 days and 7 days, i personally haven't noticed a difference in either (i have another ebay account from which i sold primarily computer equipment, that one had 100% feeback so not hiding anything, just started using the wife's account since she wanted to feel like she was more involved, don't ask).

Yes, 7 day will probably get more hits, however, i've also noticed that people tend to forget 7 day auctions and 3 days makes them a bit more frantic to buy. Probably a matter of perspective. Also i've tried setting a higher amount for the opening bid, that tends to slow people down from bidding as they like to believe that they're going to get a great deal if they're the only one bidding when the auction ends.

My main rule is to never end too late at night and try not to end on a sunday, even a saturday i tend to have problems as people aren't near their computers quite was much ( or it at least seems that way).

I do like 5 day auctions though that spread over the weekend...so today is a great day for selling because i like auctions that end on monday smile.gif

A 3 day auction keeps the books higher in the search listing. I look at auctions by Ending soonest and Newly listed. If other's do the same, that would mean those in the middle get ignored until the couple of days. So, that's the advantage of 3 day auction, to me at least.

I know people may be frustrated by my slowness in regards to putting these things up for sale. If this were my primary job (and i wish i were able to sell comics for a living) then the speed would definately increase, the good thing is i do work at home repairing computers and doing graphic design work (feast or famine for both and nothing fancy on the design end, $35 a business card for example)...anyways i'll be hopefully putting up some good stuff today, or at least stuff that hasn't be run over by a lawnmower.

I don't know who this Joe Collector guy is...but with 14,000+ posts obviously he's a mainstay here.

But I gotta tell you - good manners never go out of style - and you, sir, need to learn some..

You should be ashamed acting the way you do in public...trying to bully and browbeat this guy...saying he's going to rip off his uncle. Anyone with a modicum of sense - who has read all the posts - knows that was never this fellow's intention.

Grow up and behave yourself.

--Gary

Good post, Gary. You said it all! thumbsup2.gif

nah, doesn't matter, not a newbie I just do things a bit different...i had one item once that was watched by 35 or so people, not one bid and it expired, so the watched thing hasn't sold me over as people tend to forget unless they use that desktop alarm.