• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

I could say my dead aunts friends cousin who met this lady on the bus who knew a guy that worked a the dump found these in a box and teft them to me but well who would believe it so I will just make up a story about buying them as a kid.

1151647-Dscn0649a.jpg.00f3b77afb81f5b6d2f8eae2a8191cf4.jpg

I think the story about that collection with the chair is going to...dare I say it?.....fold... foreheadslap.gif

Since you asked.....Here's the story about the collection with the chair...

Linky-dink

I mean, why should krighton get all the attention! Unfortuately, if I did what he is doing, I would still be posting scans. Wait, I *AM* still posting scans! smile.gif

So, what's the status on this collection? Anything amazing come out of it (other than the utterly amazing amazingness of the collection itself)?

bah, no TOS 49 or JIM 89? tongue.gif

funny you should say that Pimpy - i've got my originals and/or more recent purchases of those 10 books but have just sold my TOS 49 and JIM #89......... frown.gif

those were 2 of my faves............

gotta admit that this continues to be both fun and intriguing. i'm not sure what i believe, but don't guess it really matters all that much. with all the Bats fans out there, this has got to be getting the juices flowing........................... grin.gif

I think the story about that collection with the chair is going to...dare I say it?.....fold... foreheadslap.gif

Linky-dink

I mean, why should krighton get all the attention! Unfortuately, if I did what he is doing, I would still be posting scans. Wait, I *AM* still posting scans! smile.gif

So, what's the status on this collection? Anything amazing come out of it (other than the utterly amazing amazingness of the collection itself)?

I had some rare books, but they were almost all low grade and all esoteric. If you check my eBay store you can see about 400 of them. A good deal of the Horror and Timely's have been sold, but I still have good stuff left.

I have set up in Chicago and New York and Boston in the last 12 months. I've been concentrating on eBay ever since WW Chicago, and am trying to get 1000 listings up. I add as many as I can in my spare time. It seems like every time I get near 500 listings, people go and buy stuff. smile.gif

Linky-dink

I remember reading that thread last Fall. Neat story and a neat collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif

someone asked if there was anything amazing in the collection, not really, whoever it was had an affinity for Batman and Fawcett. If the 30 run of Batman hadn't been chopped up it would have been a much nicer collection i think...I have been able to pull out around 40 that i think are going to be CGC worthy.

What difference does it make? It didn't start out a selling thread and only turned into one later (and then only indirectly).

Honestly, it seems that nobody here is happy unless they're complaining about something... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Oh poleasze, Krighton knew from the get go that the books were going to go up on Ebay. To say anything different is farcical That is why his uncle sent him the books in the first place.. Call it enthusiatic salesmanship,or call it whoring your wares in General, whatever. The point is if everyone started threads like this, directly OR indirectly we would have no need for the Marketplace forums. So to be fair to the others here who also want to sell their books. Simply move the thread to where it belongs..... Follow the pretty trail of Batman books over to GA or marketplace and carry on with the parade of books...it aint that big a deal.

Call it whining and complaining if ya want, I simply see it as following normal procedure around here. Just because it has an interesting back story should not make a lick of difference.

I will still follow thread, regardless of where it is.

Ze-

Yes, the thread did start out without the ebay implication but I always did plan to put the books on ebay as i've been selling there since around 1999. But, the main thrust initially was to share in the experience of the discovery, even though it may have turned into, as one reader put it, a P.T. Barnumesque show. I'm now sharing the covers from the collection which will eventually show up on ebay, however if someone wants to move the thread in it's entirety to another forum that doesn't really matter.

This thread is sort of a mutation of different things so not sure where it would fit, it's not primarily selling, it's also a discussion of the merits of posting a 'find', what happens during the process, people's reactions as to the validity, etc..etc...I probably tainted the thread in general by starting to post links to the actual auctions, i should have left those for the market forum.