• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

Why do some people get so bent out of shape because a few posters have dared to theorize that this may have been a very clever marketing gimmick? Can they not handle opinions that may run contrary to popular belief? No one has been attacking or flaming the guy...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Reminds me of the type of people that stifle conversation by plugging their ears and saying "La-La-La, I can't hear you" when someone says something they don't like.

Time to go eat a sandwich. tongue.gif

893whatthe.gif Where is she aiming that arrow?!!

And doesn't Batman and Robin "somehow" get tied up together on the covers consistently? I wouldn't exactly call male bondage that rare... tongue.gif

the merry go round cover i have a hard time understanding, funny looking though. Nice to see that superheroes can take some time off and enjoy themselves.

Well since Cavalcade means a procession of riders, or to ride on horseback. I guess going round and round is a circular calvalcade of sorts.

Why the Giraffe is looking backwards, and licking his chops I have no idea.

Definitely a goofy cover. insane.gif

Ze-

the merry go round cover i have a hard time understanding, funny looking though. Nice to see that superheroes can take some time off and enjoy themselves.

Well since Cavalcade means a procession of riders, or to ride on horseback. I guess going round and round is a circular calvalcade of sorts.

Why the Giraffe is looking backwards, and licking his chops I have no idea.

Definitely a goofy cover. insane.gif

Ze-

You think the covers are goofy, try reading the stories. Comic Calvacade consistently had some of the worst stories featuring major characters I've ever read. I always thought of it as being more oriented to younger readers.

You think the covers are goofy, try reading the stories. Comic Calvacade consistently had some of the worst stories featuring major characters I've ever read. I always thought of it as being more oriented to younger readers.

Really? I've thought Comic Cavalcade was pretty typical of Golden Age DC. When the Flash & GL strips were good (for instance, when they were drawn by Infantino or Toth) in their own books, they were equally good here. When those strips were at their WWII low points (the top talent having been drafted into the war effort), they were equally poor in the main books as in CC.

The reason I like collecting the Cavalcades is that you have the major characters between the pages of a single book-- there's less filler than in a typical issue of Action, Detective, or Star-Spangled Comics.

But roger that on the silly covers and the stories aimed for younger readers. This is the Golden Age after all. #11 is probably the nadir, but the Big 3 characters were seemingly always goofing off-- going to the circus on the cover of #2, playing football, going roller-skating, building a snowman, etc. etc. etc. But it somehow bothered me less with WW, Flash & GL than it did with Superman, Batman & Robin doing similar goofy stuff on the covers of Worlds Finest. confused-smiley-013.gif

Could someone give this guy $25 so he can upgrade his Photobucket account? I see 150 "Bandwidth Exceeded" boxes. frustrated.gif

Yep, he sure has uploaded a lot of books. You missed some real beauties. poke2.gif

"That's fine Fatso, I want you to watch the house while I'm gone"

"Have a Tootsie Roll Fatso!"

This poor tubby must have some pretty low self-esteem to hang around these people. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

"But I don't want to watch the house!"

"Shut the 893censored-thumb.gif up Fatso and keep your fat hass on the 893censored-thumb.gif chair and your chubby 893censored-thumb.gif face filled with those god- 893censored-thumb.gif Tootsie Rolls!!"