• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-American #16 and Tec #27 on eBay!!!

105 posts in this topic

I'm on the phone with him now and he just said "You ain't never gonna never get it". Then he said you'll have to break the rigor mortis on his fingers to get back.

BTW, he says thanks. flowerred.gif

Tell him that can be arranged. devil.gif

I'll do that! thumbsup2.gif

But I don't think you can expect him to set up that arrangement any time soon.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Screw you guys, I got next dibs on that War #11! makepoint.gif

Alan flowerred.gif

I'm on the phone with him now and he just said "You ain't never gonna never get it". Then he said you'll have to break the rigor mortis on his fingers to get back.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Alan flowerred.gif

I'll see if we can't get him to send me a scan to do a Salida thread revival.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Alan flowerred.gif

sumo.gif

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Alan flowerred.gif

I'll see if we can't get him to send me a scan to do a Salida thread revival.

cloud9.gif

I'll settle for anything Salida nowadays. I've gone too long without a fix!

Ok, so I got the All-American #16 in the mail today, and I'm happy. The spine of the cover is split and a bit brittle. The very edges of the paper are brittle as well. But honestly, I've seen books I'd call "brittle" before and this doesn't meet my own hurdle for that designation. I flipped through it, holding it in one hand and thumbing through the pages one at a time, and never felt like I was holding something fragile or crumbly. The interior is nice and supple, and I was able to open it at the centerfold without nervousness. Yes, if I pushed straight onto the edge of a page I could break off something I'm sure, but I'd have to try.

I've got a Blue Ribbon #1 that I'm scared to take out of the mylar. I've got a New Comics #1 that I'm scared to look at. I've got a Whiz Comics #2 that leaves little pieces of itself laying around my house every night even though I keep it locked in my closet. Those comics are BRITTLE. This one is what I'd call half a notch lower than a typical lower quality Golden Age book. I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

Congratulations, from one former owner of the book to another! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ok, so I got the All-American #16 in the mail today, and I'm happy. The spine of the cover is split and a bit brittle. The very edges of the paper are brittle as well. But honestly, I've seen books I'd call "brittle" before and this doesn't meet my own hurdle for that designation. I flipped through it, holding it in one hand and thumbing through the pages one at a time, and never felt like I was holding something fragile or crumbly. The interior is nice and supple, and I was able to open it at the centerfold without nervousness. Yes, if I pushed straight onto the edge of a page I could break off something I'm sure, but I'd have to try.

I've got a Blue Ribbon #1 that I'm scared to take out of the mylar. I've got a New Comics #1 that I'm scared to look at. I've got a Whiz Comics #2 that leaves little pieces of itself laying around my house every night even though I keep it locked in my closet. Those comics are BRITTLE. This one is what I'd call half a notch lower than a typical lower quality Golden Age book. I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

This is your second copy of the book, right Win? Do you still have the copy you showed off in Chicago a couple years ago? Nice pickup either way. Definitely a good book to own two of. thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations, from one former owner of the book to another! 893applaud-thumb.gif

So how does Win's description of the brittleness compare to when you owned it, Adam? Twenty years hence does it sound like it's deteriorated much?

This is your second copy of the book, right Win? Do you still have the copy you showed off in Chicago a couple years ago?

Yeah, my other copy is a moderated restored 7.0.

There are a few books that I'm happy to pick up copies whether I already have one or not. Here's my current list of books I own multiples of:

Wonder Comics #1 (Fox) - one restored, one not

All-American #16 - one restored, one not

Detective Comics #1 - both restored

Whiz Comics #2 (the actual 2nd issue, not the super valuable #2(#1))

Comics Magazine #2 & #3 (I'd buy multiple copies of any of that 5-issue series all day long)

I'd love another Silver Streak #1 as well, but it's slim pickin's on that front.

I think I'm part of a collector offshoot known as "hoarder".

There are a few books that I'm happy to pick up copies whether I already have one or not. Here's my current list of books I own multiples of:

Wonder Comics #1 (Fox) - one restored, one not

All-American #16 - one restored, one not

Whiz Comics #2 (the actual 2nd issue, not the super valuable #2(#1))

Comics Magazine #2 & #3 (I'd buy multiple copies of any of that 5-issue series all day long)

I'd love another Silver Streak #1 as well, but it's slim pickin's on that front.

I think I'm part of a collector offshoot known as "hoarder".

Very impressive that you were able to find multiple copies of all these issues. Wonder Comics #1 almost never comes up for sale, as a low grade copy has been on my want list for quite awhile now. Do you have scans of any of these books in other threads?

Hey man, quit Bogarting the Tec #1s. poke2.gifmakepoint.gif27_laughing.gif

Any chance of you bringing your newer copy of Detective #1 to this year's WW Chicago for the forum dinner attendees' viewing pleasure, like you did last year with your other copy? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hail.gif

Sure, but I've got to crack it out of its slab first. I've got a rule that no book with Extensive resto can remain in its slab, because honestly, what's the point?

Maybe we can have the 'Tec 1 slab-cracking party at the forum dinner. That could be fun.

Sure, but I've got to crack it out of its slab first. I've got a rule that no book with Extensive resto can remain in its slab, because honestly, what's the point?

Maybe we can have the 'Tec 1 slab-cracking party at the forum dinner. That could be fun.

I think that's a hell of an idea! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifcloud9.gif