• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay $.10 Fixed Price Listing Day

35 posts in this topic

If you did not sell all your overpriced junk last month.....It's back......

When Is It?

One day only, starting Wednesday, March 15, 2006 between 00:00:01 PT (12:00 AM plus one second on Wednesday, March 15, 2006) and ending that same day, Wednesday, March 15, 2006 at 23:59:59 PT(11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

What are the fees?

Insertion fees for Fixed Price listings will be revised on the U.S. www.eBay.com and Motors (Parts & Accessories only) www.eBayMotors.com as reflected in the fee table below. This includes listings created prior to the promotion and scheduled to start during the promotional period March 15, 2006.

They always do this like the day after I load a bunch of my auctions. Now, I really don't have anything on hand to put up for the 10 cent day. I had pretty good luck with this last one though.

I wonder why they're doing it again so soon?

They always do this like the day after I load a bunch of my auctions. Now, I really don't have anything on hand to put up for the 10 cent day. I had pretty good luck with this last one though.

I wonder why they're doing it again so soon?

I was wondering the same thing - this is very unusual and could be indicative of eBay wanting (needing) to increase listing volume due to fairly flat to downward trending stock price - seems the analysts are more impressed with the number of listings than if eBay is actually receiving any revenue for those listings

I hope I did not offend anyone relative to my "Overpriced Junk" comment - what I meant was that a $.10 listing day is a great day to put out a $500 comic which has a low potential to sell (you only have $.10 to loose). The result of this is that the listings are full of overpriced stuff and finding something good gets a little more difficult during these times for buyers.

yeah, my expensive stuff is up, moved from the store to auction. knocked a few bucks off most of them. but i don't think i'm going to dip into $9 and $10 type books I have in my store, even though I've sold some during 10 cent days in the past. I think I stopped at $25.

this is a bit too soon after the last one. I think the last 10 cent auctions ended only 10 days ago. I had put the stuff back in my store and had not even gotten my full 2 cents worth. so really, these are costing me 11.3 cents.

desperation move by ebay to boost revenue this quarter. don't get me wrong, i like these, but this is simply too soon. i still haven't gotten paid for a few of my sales from the last one!

why doesn't it increase their revenues?

I sell perhaps, on average, $100-$150 a week in comics out of my store (and that'll often be selling one slab for a couple of hundred and a bunch of smaller stuff)

The last few 10 cent days I've done $600-$900. Same stuff for sale.

Ebay doesn't make a lot on the 10 cent listings themselves (I suppose they got about $4-$8 out of me they wouldn't have normally gotten), but they got themselves a bunch of extra final value fees!

Of course, doing it every 2 weeks will kill the golden goose.

Most sellers list their stuff to end on a Sunday. Results for those days are usually better than their 10c listing days, even though the number of books listed is around 10 times that of the usual Sunday-ending listings.

yes, but I think the action ebay is getting on these is people converting store listings into auctions for a week, not setting up a bunch of new auctions. Unless you have a few hundred loaded up in turbo lister ready to go, who has the time to list more than a few new auctions when they give you no notice of 10 cent listing day? I might list some new auctions tonight, but probably won't have the time, whereas converting a store item into an auction takes about 5 seconds. so, they get a "second sunday" (sort of) with these mid-week 10 cent days.

yes, but I think the action ebay is getting on these is people converting store listings into auctions for a week, not setting up a bunch of new auctions. Unless you have a few hundred loaded up in turbo lister ready to go, who has the time to list more than a few new auctions when they give you no notice of 10 cent listing day? I might list some new auctions tonight, but probably won't have the time, whereas converting a store item into an auction takes about 5 seconds. so, they get a "second sunday" (sort of) with these mid-week 10 cent days.

But the end result is to sell the stuff right? Otherwise 10c on a listing doesn't make for any increaes in revenue. The evidence is that very few of the thousands of listings sell and of those that do tend to be low-$ books.