• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Character Names Relaunched

50 posts in this topic

So I was reading FF Masterworks last night and noticed the name Punisher used for some kind of alien that was summoned by Galactus. I believe it was from issue #49.

Has Marvel or DC done this for any other characters? Using the same name for a total different character later on?

Doctor Strange

See TOS 41 gossip.gif

That reminds me...wasn't he invovled in the relaunching of the Ancient One or something?

I'm working on a complete SA Strange Tales reader run now.

I'm about 50% done.

I'll let ya know when I read them all in order. thumbsup2.gif

Captain Marvel.

first, it's an obvious Superman ripoff.

then, it's an alien. this time, he's actually a Captain. of sorts.

then, it's a black lady. she too, is a Captain in...the Navy? can't remember. does the Navy even have Captains?

then, it's...what? an alien again? no idea about the modern version

So I was reading FF Masterworks last night and noticed the name Punisher used for some kind of alien that was summoned by Galactus. I believe it was from issue #49.

Has Marvel or DC done this for any other characters? Using the same name for a total different character later on?

Naw, the Punisher didn't show up until #74 - if memory serves.

Aunt May and Uncle Ben from Strange Tales #97. (But were they the same characters? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif) And lots of pre-hero monsters. Magneto was one. The Hulk another. (He later became Xemnu, the Living Titan.)