• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOTE NOW FOR YOUR FAVORITE SILVER AGE COVERS!!!

133 posts in this topic

My list is already in. If SS#4 doesn't win then I demand a recount. sumo.gif

That POS??? Consider your recount already in effect . . . insane.gif27_laughing.gif

I know you must be joking.......as far as battle covers go Silver Surfer #4 is as good as it gets.... hail.gif

Great pieces. What would the market value on the TTA#98 be, just curious?

When I got the cover, about a year ago, it had a $15k price tag on it. Current value would possibly be in the $17k range, but I'm not too concerned about that as the art's grail-like to me and is a keeper. wink.gif

Well it is a keeper for sure. Tell me it has been framed and placed on your wall where it belongs.You should buy a high gade copy and place them in one large frame side by side, it would look spectacular.

Yep, framed on the wall right in front of me, in-between other faves! cloud9.gif

Special thanks to Paris_Fred for creating a mirror website of the Silver Age Favorite Covers that were nominated for this contest. Fred has spaced the thumbnails out and placed them on a nice background. --> Mirror site of the Silver Age Favorite Covers It's one A.M. Fred's time and he just sent this to me.

Silver fans are good people. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So, is Golden Age next? that will be interesting because fewer people will have personal attachments to too many of them, like SA and BA.

Nope, Copper Age is next up. gossip.gif

YAY! Its about time! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Special thanks to Paris_Fred for creating a mirror website of the Silver Age Favorite Covers that were nominated for this contest. Fred has spaced the thumbnails out and placed them on a nice background. --> Mirror site of the Silver Age Favorite Covers It's one A.M. Fred's time and he just sent this to me.

Those thumbnail pages are great and really have an impact on my votes. One of my criteria for voting is how any given cover grabs me from a distance - just the visual impact of the image, for example, without being able to read the balloons or know the content.

Those thumbnail pages are great and really have an impact on my votes. One of my criteria for voting is how any given cover grabs me from a distance - just the visual impact of the image, for example, without being able to read the balloons or know the content.

Just like the old newstand days. cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

Where's Nick Fury #5 and Captain America #111?

Please add these.

Showcase 56 instead of 55? Hard to believe.

It's too late to add nominees, right? Too bad I didn't check in during the nominations.

Great gallery -- tough to narrow it down!

Thanks for putting it all together.

Jack