• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOTE NOW FOR YOUR FAVORITE SILVER AGE COVERS!!!

133 posts in this topic

I dragged the small icons of my fave 20 covers into a folder and then sorted them out that way. Went pretty easily.

Thanks guys.

Same here. My first 5 were easy, where it got hard was at the end of the list of 10.

Who gets booted off the list, that was tough! Can't wait to see the results!

BTW: SS #4 was not my # 1 pick!

SS#4 didn't make my list. Interesting thing is that I'm ssooooooooo familiar with the Marvel covers, that the DCs are a newer revelation to me and probably benefited from it in my voting.

Since this is a "cover only" top ten it was hard to discount the stories contained in the various issues that I was familiar with. For this top 10 contest I tried using the following criteria in the following order: Design, Color, and Theme. Should be fun to see how they ranked compared to everyone else!

SS#4 didn't make my list. Interesting thing is that I'm ssooooooooo familiar with the Marvel covers, that the DCs are a newer revelation to me and probably benefited from it in my voting.

thumbsup2.gif

I also didn't include, for the same reason....FF 51....which although one of the greatest stories of all time, is a cover that is great but not awesome imho.

I tried to stick stictly to which covers seem to grab me the most.I tried not to let key status or historical significance sway my decision.The cover that I picked as # 1(Fantastic Four # 8)isn't a particularly favorite story although I do like it.I doubt that it will even make it to the top ten.I ended up choosing 7 Marvels and 3 D.C.'s,although I almost went with 4 D.C.'s.For me it would have been much easier if it had been my top 15.Having the nominations displayed in such an easily accessable manner DID have an effect on my voting.I think that I only ended up voting for 3 of my nominations.I was surprised not to see FF 16 & 49 make the list.FF 64 was one that I almost nominated,as well as Avengers # 3.The results should be very interesting.I didn't vote for Detective # 400,as I consider that to be a bronze age book.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

less than 6 hours to vote................. blush.gif
I'm sure that when the deadline passes that the ones that put it off and told me they'd get around to it later, will be perfect gentlemen and not complain. smirk.gif

How will the results be released?
in this forum. You'll see them. thumbsup2.gif

How soon? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's up to those trained seals I mentioned earlier. confused-smiley-013.gif

It could go well, but by the weekend we should be seeing some interesting data.