• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOTE NOW FOR YOUR FAVORITE SILVER AGE COVERS!!!

133 posts in this topic

guys, you CAN'T ignore those killer Wood Dynamo covers!!!

yes we can................ sumo.gif

and while i don't personally mind folks talking about which publishers they're voting for, IMHO we shouldn't be shilling for one's personal favorites................. 893naughty-thumb.gif

i don't even care for the fact that a couple of participants decided to share their votes with the rest of the forum................ sign-rantpost.gif

i don't even care for the fact that a couple of participants decided to share their votes with the rest of the forum

You`re losing me here, Harry. confused.gif Hell, if we`re allowed to tell people who we voted for President, Congress, American Idol, etc., surely a piddly little SA cover contest shouldn`t be held to a higher standard?

Actually, you're right Harry about the posting of our selections, and I apologize for doing so. It might influence some of the ongoing voting. My rationale: after seeing how cool WDB's selections looked as a panel display, I just had to put my own together! At least no one knows what order my selections were in...

Am I the only one so far who voted for anything other than Marvel or DC?
3 of my votes went to publishers other than Marvel/DC. Four if you count that one of my selections was borderline Atlas.

This does not mean that everyone should do the same. And no one should feel embarrassed about voting a "Straight Ticket" if those are indeed the covers they like the best. thumbsup2.gif

Anybody have any second thoughts after they sent their votes in?

Roy.

Not really, I can live with what I posted. I might shift a book or two from 6th to 7th spot but there are so many good covers its hard to go wrong. Will be interesting to see how the artists rank as well.

Actually, you're right Harry about the posting of our selections, and I apologize for doing so. It might influence some of the ongoing voting. My rationale: after seeing how cool WDB's selections looked as a panel display, I just had to put my own together! At least no one knows what order my selections were in...

i have to agree with you that the display was very cool............. thumbsup2.gif

i'm just not one for potentially influencing other voters...........i can think of at least 2 books that i fully expect to make the top ten and would prefer that those choices aren't overly hyped, as there are many other worthy books....................

and Tim, i'd prefer not to hear how you (or anyone) voted prior to the results being announced - just my little idiosyncrasy....................... insane.gif

and Tim, i'd prefer not to hear how you (or anyone) voted prior to the results being announced - just my little idiosyncrasy....................... insane.gif

Cool, I will now proceed to tell you what I DIDN'T vote for. devil.gif

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I'm very willing to be influenced, especially if it involves money changing hands. devil.gif

So, when does the voting end?
Voting will end on March 28 Midnight (eastern) in spite of what the Forum clock says.

Then the votes will be counted by highly trained, yet unemployable seals.

After a few days of hearing them bark out the results we will start revealing them before and possibly during April Fools Day.

Haven't read thru all posts but was amazed that Showcase 55 and 60 and FF 50 weren't originally nominated

Choosing from among all the great FF Kirby covers is a tough task. You could opt for one of your favorite villains. You could go with the tension-filled covers like the impending first meeting with the Hulk or the 48. You could go with a battle ish like 25 or 55 (the latter certainly Buscema's model for the derivative SS4). You could go for originality, like the first ever Silver photo montage of 33. You could go for historical importance and vote for the 1 or the 3. You could choose the introduction of a favorite character, like the Surfer or Black Bolt.

I went with the one with the most emotional power.

There are so many great FF covers that it's impossible to find a favorite. My favorites are #29, #13, #45, #39, #48, pretty much in that order, and I don't think any of them were nominated. The reason why is I nominated other covers and cause FF covers are so great across the board that it's hard to choose just one. The only series that can give FF a run for its money on great covers overall is Thor. I know many would say Amazing Spider-man.

There are so many great FF covers that it's impossible to find a favorite. My favorites are #29, #13, #45, #39, #48, pretty much in that order, and I don't think any of them were nominated. The reason why is I nominated other covers and cause FF covers are so great across the board that it's hard to choose just one. The only series that can give FF a run for its money on great covers overall is Thor. I know many would say Amazing Spider-man.

Thor! sumo.gif

Thor! sumo.gif

Amazing Spider-Man sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

..and Thor! sumo.gif