• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase #4 Did NOT Begin the Silver Age? It Really Started With These 3 Comics

143 posts in this topic

OS #11 1981-82

Showcase #4 ranked third in SA books,first DC

Detetective #225 ranked 18th,7th DC

OS #13

Showcase #4 overtakes AF#15 to reach #2 in OS SA rankings

Detective #225 rises to #14

OS #14 1984-85

Showcase #4 reverts back to #3

Detective #225 falls to #15.

So,in the early 1980s,Showcase was certainly recognized as the more valuable of the two books.Interestingly,BB28 and Flash 105 were not amongst the most valuable books.

Well, since JC was citing FACTS , your data clearly can't be right. His unbiased evaluation clearly trumps your hollow attempt to introduce such skewed data. Look at that variation in rank for showcase 4. From 2 to 3...that's a 50% change, while Tec 225 only varies by a minimal 20%.

How dare you question JC's "facts".

By the way, JC...just exactly what facts were those?

27_laughing.gif I should have read all the way through before posting. I had pretty much the same response! thumbsup2.gif

Well, since JC was citing FACTS , your data clearly can't be right.

Jesus H Christ the reading comprehension in this room is definitely 3rd-grade.

No where in here did I mention value, but IMPORTANCE and the level to which OS and other dealers pushed for various Silver Age comics as the "first". Go read the old OS's and you'll see this being bandied about in articles, sales reports and letters.

Think about it, do we equate the first Bronze Age comic with the most valuable? What totally 893censored-thumb.gif up logic if you do. screwy.gif

Shad, what are you doing?! You can't bring facts in here! makepoint.gif

How can old TR wallow in his conspiracy theories if they can be disproved so simply?

I just LOVE when people show their abject stupidity for everyone to see. 893applaud-thumb.gif

There does not have to be a correlation between the FIRST comic of a given age and the MOST EXPENSIVE comic of a given age.

Are you people or something? foreheadslap.gif

As memory serves,the last time JC was called on his"facts",he disappeared for a few months.

Does this mean that you disappear with your absolutely insipid "most valuable comic = the FIRST comic" of a given age theory?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Seriously, that's pretty freaking stupid, even for you.

As memory serves,the last time JC was called on his"facts",he disappeared for a few months.

Perhaps lightning can strike twice!

If he disappeared again ( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif), wouldn't it be his third time?

Perhaps lightning can strike twice!

If he disappeared again ( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif), wouldn't it be his third time?

I'd hardly disappear when challenged by you mental midgets and your revolutionary "most valuable comic of a given age = first comic of a given age" theory.

What do you use for brains, wet sawdust? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Well, since JC was citing FACTS , your data clearly can't be right.

Jesus H Christ the reading comprehension in this room is definitely 3rd-grade.

No where in here did I mention value, but IMPORTANCE and the level to which OS and other dealers pushed for various Silver Age comics as the "first". Go read the old OS's and you'll see this being bandied about in articles, sales reports and letters.

Think about it, do we equate the first Bronze Age comic with the most valuable? What totally 893censored-thumb.gif up logic if you do. screwy.gif

Actually, you mentioned value right here:

Paranoia? I'm just stating the FACTS. Go look it up if you don't believe me, and you'll see that Detective 225 used to be a VERY important comic in the 80's, and easily made the Top 10 Most Valuable Silver Age Books list that OS published. During this time, OS and others started a very visible campaign for Showcase 4.

I think it's quite clear that you're equating importance and value.

We can't all be as smart as you and come up with razor sharp witticisms like "sawdust for brains", but I can read...and I have the sense not to lie about what I said when it's preserved in cyberspace.

Lookout, here comes the patented JC backtrack.

Was what I said true or not? I stated that sometime in the 1980's, Detective 225 was in the Top 10 Most Valuable Silver Age comics? That's all I stated.

But nowhere did I state that Detective 225 was more valuable than Showcase 4 or make the absolutely bizarre correlation that the MOST VALUABLE comic MUST be the FIRST COMIC of an age. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That's truly hilarious and Shadcock and his band of merry men really deserve a forum award for thinking up that gem. 893applaud-thumb.gif

P.S. It's pretty obvious you pinbrains are trying your hardest to "get me", but you really should think things through first. Nothing I've said is incorrect, and you just look like fools concocting ever-more bizarre theories trying to "prove me wrong".

And stranger still, many have come out agreeing with my statements, that dealers used to refer to Detective 225 as the "Start of the Silver Age", but you fail to address those.. I wonder why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Was what I said true or not? I stated that sometime in the 1980's, Detective 225 was in the Top 10 Most Valuable Silver Age comics? That's all I stated.

No. It isn't true. That's the point. You said it was a fact, and it's been shown to NOT be a fact.

Reading comprehension.

You're either stupid or a liar, I'll wager both.

No. It isn't true. That's the point. You said it was a fact, and it's been shown to NOT be a fact.

I have an OS update from around 1986 and it IS on the Top Silver Age list, but I'll check to make sure it's not based on importance or % increase.

With my luck it'll be like greggy, DC-centric. foreheadslap.gif

I have an OS update from around 1986 and it IS on the Top Silver Age list, but I'll check to make sure it's not based on importance or % increase.

With my luck it'll be like greggy, DC-centric. foreheadslap.gif

What was that about reading comprehension again? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Okay folks, mark this down on your calenders...

It was actually a Top 15 list from a mid-80's update and it had Detective 225 in the last spot, and I mistakenly remembered it as a Top 10 list.

It changes nothing about the conversation at hand, but I do admit to a numerical error to all those who diligently follow my every move.

Okay folks, mark this down on your calenders...

It was actually a Top 15 list from a mid-80's update and it had Detective 225 in the last spot, and I mistakenly remembered it as a Top 10 list.

It changes nothing about the conversation at hand, but I do admit to a numerical error to all those who diligently follow my every move.

Back it up baby.

Would you like to apologize for the insults you've made along the way? Or does your mental superiority preclude that?