• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best magazines comics related...

16 posts in this topic

As long as you ignore the laughable book price listings in the back...I totally recommend Wizard! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It keeps you up to date and has nice pics! thumbsup2.gif

Comic Book artist (the original run) and Alter Ego RULE !

I bought the first 25 issues of both runs and I spend 100's of hours reading them.

At one point I stopped reading comics because I was too busy reading

about comics

I've never been an big fan of any artist, (more a writer's person myself), but the magazine manages to make me enthusiastic about artists (or writers or editors) I hadn't even heard about. One of the issues is a special on Warren Comics . Now I had zero affinity for these books, couldn't have cared less, but I did spend a record breaking total of 7 hours reading this issue of CBA from cover to cover. The interview with James Warren (the Stan Lee of Horror) was 31 pages long...Thirty-one !!! I don't think I ever read an interview in any publication on any subject that was this long...

Same with Golden Age....couldn't have cared less until I started reading Alter Ego....

Comic Book Marketplace despite its title was only partially about the "marketplace." It was much more focused upon the history of the medium, and for the first 80 issues or so (the Gary Carter years), I could count on each issue containing

a) something I was already interested in knowing more about; and

b) something I knew next to nothing about, but was interested in discovering.

Great stuff! Many of the issues should be readily available on eBay. The first 22 command a premium.

CGM was also one of my most eagerly awaited publications each month.I found myself reading articles in it that I wasn't even interested in.First class mag,highly recommended if you collect silver and golden age comics.There might be a website that provides an index of each issues articles to help you decide which ones you'd like to try.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Comic Book artist (the original run) and Alter Ego RULE !

I bought the first 25 issues of both runs and I spend 100's of hours reading them.

At one point I stopped reading comics because I was too busy reading

about comics

I've never been an big fan of any artist, (more a writer's person myself), but the magazine manages to make me enthusiastic about artists (or writers or editors) I hadn't even heard about. One of the issues is a special on Warren Comics . Now I had zero affinity for these books, couldn't have cared less, but I did spend a record breaking total of 7 hours reading this issue of CBA from cover to cover. The interview with James Warren (the Stan Lee of Horror) was 31 pages long...Thirty-one !!! I don't think I ever read an interview in any publication on any subject that was this long...

Same with Golden Age....couldn't have cared less until I started reading Alter Ego....

cloud9.gif did you bought the issues directly from the LCS or ebay A.?!

i'm very interested on buying a nice lot of them but don't find much on ebay...

regards

cloud9.gif did you bought the issues directly from the LCS or ebay A.?!

i'm very interested on buying a nice lot of them but don't find much on ebay...

regards

At first I wanted to get them straight from the website, but most of the older issues are $9 + $7 shipping = $16.00 an issue 893whatthe.gif

My LCS can't even order bags & boards, let alone something more challenging...so I waited and waited and after more than a year I found a seller on eBay that had full runs of both series (up to #25) and was willing to send them surface to me (50 issues of these weigh a lot)....it surprised me that there were a lot of bidders for the magazines...prices went a lot higher than I thought they would crazy.gif

Comic Book Marketplace despite its title was only partially about the "marketplace." It was much more focused upon the history of the medium, and for the first 80 issues or so (the Gary Carter years), I could count on each issue containing

a) something I was already interested in knowing more about; and

b) something I knew next to nothing about, but was interested in discovering.

Great stuff! Many of the issues should be readily available on eBay. The first 22 command a premium.

i've beginning to buy CBM around 45 it was always a pleaure to read it cover to cover

CBM i miss you sorry.gif

I buy Back Issue and Write Now!. I love them. Some times if I like the interview or other things of an issue, I buy The Comics Journal.

I really like Twomorrows stuff, like the Modern Masters line and things like that.