• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I missing something here?

12 posts in this topic

imagine the GA collection you could have spending 35k...looks like smoke and mirrors to me. Can't believe he even has any shipping costs listed...i'd probably fly to the person's house and hand deliver them for 35k.

This kid is throwing out figures like Arnold on Different Strokes. I can just picture his young candy plump on his plastic computer chair. His mom walks over to him as he's listing this very auction. She says, "35000 or 45000," in disbelief. He pompously spouts, "Yeah, mom, these comics are only for the serious and best of the best," as water droplets drip, drip, drip behind his ear.

If you use the buy it now option you will ...

#1 receives a very rare Lord of The Rings poster signed by the cast members as a bonus.

#2 Bonus – Uncanny X-men #304 signed by Stan Lee!!! ( not CGC)

#3 shipping will be 100% covered

27_laughing.gif thats worth my 45 G's right there!!

You know, its not a bad auction if you wanted some modern books. Just an outrageous selling price. I think it would be cool to have that Action Comics reprint since it has the signature but of course there's no way anyone sane would pay that. I agree with the whole Arnold analogy. Definitely not someone that is a serious collector or at least knows the market. At least he was honest and stated the Action Comics #1 was a reprint and didn't try to pass it off as an original.There's a question. Does anyone have an Action Comic #1 with either/both creators signatures? Wonder how much that would go for.

You know, its not a bad auction if you wanted some modern books. Just an outrageous selling price. I think it would be cool to have that Action Comics reprint since it has the signature but of course there's no way anyone sane would pay that. I agree with the whole Arnold analogy. Definitely a not someone that is a serious collector or at least knows the market. At least he was honest and stated the Action Comics #1 was a reprint and didn't try to pass it off as an original.There's a question. Does anyone have an Action Comic #1 with either/both creators signatures? Wonder how much that would go for.

yeah, but whose signature is that? it looks like a six year old wrote it.

plus it's uncertified, which means it's not worth the electrons the auction's made of

Definitely a not someone that is a serious collector or at least knows the market.

Yes, I guess someone needs to explain it to me. I'm just incredulous at this stuff. Is it:

A. Someone who really doesn't know the market

B. Someone who is just looking for the right "fool"

C. Someone who just has too much time and likes throwing out stupid auctions

Does anyone ever bit on these? No, not the pure fraudulent ones, but the ones if you didn't read it quite right your burned, or the buyer doesn't know the market and tragically overpays.

Anyone brave enough to tell his or her story?

You know, its not a bad auction if you wanted some modern books. Just an outrageous selling price. I think it would be cool to have that Action Comics reprint since it has the signature but of course there's no way anyone sane would pay that. I agree with the whole Arnold analogy. Definitely a not someone that is a serious collector or at least knows the market. At least he was honest and stated the Action Comics #1 was a reprint and didn't try to pass it off as an original.There's a question. Does anyone have an Action Comic #1 with either/both creators signatures? Wonder how much that would go for.

yeah, but whose signature is that? it looks like a six year old wrote it.

plus it's uncertified, which means it's not worth the electrons the auction's made of

Good point. Didn't think of that. Of course he'd have to provide some proof of the signature. A picture of it being signed or something. foreheadslap.gif

Did look at his feedback and auctions. One, his ID is barely two months old. Shows as the end of Jan '06. Now he has had a couple of auctions in the $100-$200 range from the ones I saw. Still...