• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April Comiclink Auction

26 posts in this topic

Heritage's buyer's premium increase certainly will have the gradual (or rapid?) impact of driving consignors to other sites. I know I won't consign with Heritage again (at least not without placing reserves to take the increased premium into account, which would further drive sales conversion downwards).

The TEC #29 CGC 1.5 had been listed in the for sale section on comiclink for a few months until recently. I believe the asking price was $4,950.00 with a previous unaccepted bid of $4,900.00 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I never believe those kinds of bids that go unaccepted. Walking way from a sale of $5,000 over $50 is just nonsense to me. It reeks of the seller getting his buddy shill it early so it can give people the impression that they better hit the BIN soon or risk losing it.

I wouldnt get my hopes up on some of those books even at a little above guide. Someone is bidding high on those books and then they mysteriously pop up again months later.

I keep track of all of the Batman books and now I am following Detective as well as I will be picking up some Detectives here and there.

What do you think that TEC #31 will go for?

My guess would be at least 10k only because it is on Comiclink.

This is a book in the right grade that alot of people would want including myself but I feel will be tampered with as far as bidding.

The heated bidding at the end will bring the book up over 10k.

It guides for 7352.00 I can definitely see this at 10k on Comiclink.

How does the auction work?

Will reserves ever be posted?

Given that the vig is lower than Heritage:

In general, Should the buyer expect to buy a book for a lower price than on Heritage?

Thanks

Given that the vig is lower than Heritage:

In general, Should the buyer expect to buy a book for a lower price than on Heritage?

Considering the stunning number of people who are apparently completely stumped by the proper method to bid on an auction with a buyer's premium (factor the BP INTO your bid, not in ADDITION to it) I'd say there's at least a possibility.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though, those are some mighty fine books...

Wow this is a sweet auction. Planet comics #1, Action #2, Cap #1, the Tec run. Impressive . I am looking forward to watching this one. I predict some serious bidding wars. How do BP's compare to Heritage?