• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARE COMIC SHOPS DOOMED? ARE MIDDLE AGED MEN THE ONLY FOLKS BUYING COMICS?

70 posts in this topic

Oh my gosh not another "comics are doomed" thread. You bozos are all alike. Cryin' the Fall then secretly wishin' it happens so that you can buy your Hulk 181 9.4 for twenty greenbacks. Well I can tell you one thing Alan. Not gonna happen. You must be dreamin'.

tonofbricks.gifIts just a simple discussion. Relax.

Oh my gosh not another "comics are doomed" thread. You bozos are all alike. Cryin' the Fall then secretly wishin' it happens so that you can buy your Hulk 181 9.4 for twenty greenbacks.

Holy Fanboy Alert Batman!! foreheadslap.gif

I go to shops because I can often scoop up something that's underpriced at the right shop. Unlike ebay, they don't have 2 million people looking at their stuff. I buy a lot of stuff far cheaper than I likely could on ebay and don't pay shipping.

As for new books --- most stores give a subscription discount. For someone who buys 2-5 issues a month like me, I like to see what I'm buying. There's stuff I'd never buy online if I didn't see the insides.

As for the age of the clients.... I see a lot of 20-something guys at my local shops. They tend to be African American or Hispanic guys. The white customers tend to be 30s and older. (I'm just making an observation, there's no point to it.) Granted, my shops tend not to be in residential areas, so it's unlikely I'd run across a 12 year old.

I love comic shops.

I have found the best damn deals in them.

but........now I will do my ASM shopping online

Here, because of the far better deals. I bought from someone.

Just waiting for em to ehem ship it. laugh.gif And the deal was way better then I expected.

I am a dinosaur and still love collecting comics so I guess the comic shops might become extinct! But then again I never buy my comics at comic shops anymore!

I love comic shops.

I have found the best damn deals in them.

but........now I will do my ASM shopping online

Here, because of the far better deals. I bought from someone.

Just waiting for em to ehem ship it. laugh.gif And the deal was way better then I expected.

Whatcha get? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif