• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX just stepped on an Atom Bomb. A classic tale of deceit, trimming,and woe.

460 posts in this topic

New thread, Same story.

Watch as PGX self implodes right before your eyes.

Material taken from the Terance Leder thread.

I just wanted to be sure it was not buried in a thread others might have already passed over

Did PGX simply miss the trimming?.. Is Leder, D.Patterson? Is Leder in cahoots with Patterson? Who did the trimming? How did the books get slabbed so fast?

Lotsa questions, fewer answers.

From Arty's post.

He is a scammer no doubt about that.

He has an amazing selection of Disney rarities. What pisses me off, his greed has probable destroyed many of them. Trimming and restoration who knows.

He bought these.

. ma4pres.JPG

about two weeks later these were on ebay..same comics?? ...trimmed on all edges?

cx4.jpg

cy1a1.jpg

marks are very subtle but I went through about twenty Atom bomb pictures and none of the others had them.

marks.JPG

REDHOOK !!!

And wtf, why the Atom bomb 9.9 he's selling was previously 9.8 with the same serial and grading date.

0dab1.jpg

Atombomb.jpg

haha only 30 minutes and he already removed that picture from his auction.

Well did he really think I didn't save that pic 27_laughing.gif

You know, it's deja-vu all over again.

On the Atom Bomb cover do you see a stain shape or 'printing donut' just to the right of the test tube? Subtle, but it looks exactly the same on both. confused-smiley-013.gif

Do you mean this interior%20art.jpg

That is part of the interior art not stain.

And Reds usual great photoshop breakdown

fuckedducks.jpg

One other thing.....because the original book had a slight curl.....you should actually see LESS of it when placed behind the pressed out version. But because he hacked it like a chunk of Boars Head Low Sodium Bologna, there is a ton more art visible behind the trimmed copy.

That is one of the worst trim jobs I have ever laid eyes on. Patterson's credibility just went from zero into the negative zone.

Red

I think ol Danny is alot more burnt then that. flamed.gif

Red was just being civil.

Ze-

I'm pissed and I'm just getting started. Daniel has just nuked the tiny bit of credibility he had left with me. No more. He's now relegated to EwertLand as far as I am concerned. He's an out and out crook.

STL should go through their boards and excise any interview and/or promotional feature or graphic they have relating to PGX.

Red

I think ol Danny is alot more burnt then that. flamed.gif

Red was just being civil.

Ze-

I'm pissed and I'm just getting started. Daniel has just nuked the tiny bit of credibility he had left with me. No more. He's now relegated to EwertLand as far as I am concerned. He's an out and out crook.

STL should go through their boards and excise any interview and/or promotional feature or graphic they have relating to PGX.

Red

Go ahead say it....."The wheels are in motion!!"

Mwhahahahgreggy.gif

I think the wheels have already rolled over this dead skunk in the middle of the road.

PGX and Daniel have been hanging on Credibility Life-Support® for a long time, and this is the official pulling of the plug as far as I'm concerned.

Red

I just posted in another thread.....what is going on with PGX is clearly criminal behavior of the most obvious kind. The other case you are referring to.....well....that was ineptness brought on by relying to much on a chummy situation. Both are bad.

Red

Has anyone brought up the spine roll on these puppies. Were they pressed out? Or just appear that way in the holder? I admit I am not up to speed on grading these little gems but I normally dont hand out 9.8's to books with spine roll like that.

Ze-

Trimmed books in blue holders. Where have we seen that before. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, but I guess we need a "PGX Lynch Mob" thread every once in a while, just to make big CGC investors feel better about all their trimmed slabs.