• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POST YOUR LOW GRADE PICTURES

23 posts in this topic

It seems that every one here posts high grade. Well it's time to show us your low grade copies.

I'll start with my Detective Comics #37 that I bought off eBay in January. I've made a few more purchases recently but won't post those until they arrive.

1166614-DetectiveComics37FR.gif.3031d5c7814d88686fc334972055e741.gif

And here's one more. Rough copy, but the only one I'm likely to ever find:

Comics%20Magazine%201%20Front.jpg

As a bonus, here are a couple of interior photos of the Dr. Occult story inside (his only non-DC appearance, which is why he's under another name):

Comics%20Magazine%201%20Interior.JPG

Comics%20Magazine%201%20Interior2.JPG

Thanks for showing the interior pages!

Although derivative of Roy Crane, I love that early Shuster art.

You know Win, for a "beater" that is almost 70 years old that copy has some blinding colors! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here you go. Spine completely taped, piece missing from the bottom, stained, and ripped, but I love it:

Detective%2011%20Front.jpg

I usually hate forum policing, but I just love to see beaters so much, we should keep them all in the original thread, linked in the 2nd post above. That way, we don't have to check 2 different threads.

Come on guys. Let's see more of these. I will post them as they come in for me. It's been a while since I collected Golden Age. Several years ago I sold them off and am now returning. I'll post every book I have when they show up. They are all low grade Detective Comics (I'm a Batman nut!) but I know I am not the only low grade collector here.

BE PROUD OF LOW GRADE! AT LEAST YOU HAVE A COPY!