• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAVE THE THING!!!

20 posts in this topic

Apparently, its current incarnation is not doing so hot. At least according to Dan Slott. So, I recommend to everyone. Go out and buy you one.

Got to yearone.spiderspawn.com to enter a contest related to this. This is something you don't want to miss!!!!

060330.jpg

I read the first arc and really enjoyed it, but then it got kind of lame, and I quit buying it.

First arc was issues #1-3. Issue #4 was a one-shot. Issue #5 came out this week.

Again I have to ask, do you really know what you are talking about??? confused-smiley-013.gif

I love the book its one on my pull list of course the thing is my favorite marvel character. This is a well written book, definitely something to pick up a try.

Agreed - great, fun book thumbsup2.gif

I think the problem with sales is that this title suffers due to the past Thing books that have been very lackluster.

i just read #4 and #5 last night. how can this book not find an audience? sad. it's as good as anything marvel is putting out. Cap, DD, Thing, She-Hulk, Next Wave- these are the Marvel books people should be reading- not that Avengers dreck.

I love the book its one on my pull list of course the thing is my favorite marvel character. This is a well written book, definitely something to pick up a try.

I think the problem with sales is that this title suffers due to the past Thing books that have been very lackluster.

Marvel Two-In-One had some good issues... tho' not as many as I remember them having when I actively collected it as a lad.

What is putting me off of the The Thing is the same thing that always put me off of Iron Man: money.

I really am not interested in reading about a wealthy individual with super-powers.

What I always liked about Ben Grimm was his Joe Average personality. Trappings of wealth aren't all that interesting to me.

I look in on the title every month, but I'm just not being grabbed by it.

Marvel Two-In-One had some good issues... tho' not as many as I remember them having when I actively collected it as a lad.

What is putting me off of the The Thing is the same thing that always put me off of Iron Man: money.

I really am not interested in reading about a wealthy individual with super-powers.

What I always liked about Ben Grimm was his Joe Average personality. Trappings of wealth aren't all that interesting to me.

I look in on the title every month, but I'm just not being grabbed by it.

Ah, but you know the fall is coming - and knowing Ben Grimm, it will be a doozy smile.gif

I read the first arc and really enjoyed it, but then it got kind of lame, and I quit buying it.

First arc was issues #1-3. Issue #4 was a one-shot. Issue #5 came out this week.

Again I have to ask, do you really know what you are talking about??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, drice. I read issues 1-3, didn't like issue 4 at all, and wasn't fond of the solicitations for 5 and on that I have read so far. So I quit buying it. Thank you for your concern.

It's an okay read but its hard to see The Thing carry a book by himself. I just don't see him as a strong enough character. As part of the FF he's good cause he can be played off of the other personalities very well. But by himself he just isn't as interesting.

OWC, for longevity sake, I totally agree. It will be hard to maintain a Thing book for an extended time period. On the flip side, I feel this way about the Hulk. He's just not deep enough to go a long stretch. That's why it keeps getting halt and restarted or constant new directions.

Pat

OWC, for longevity sake, I totally agree. It will be hard to maintain a Thing book for an extended time period. On the flip side, I feel this way about the Hulk. He's just not deep enough to go a long stretch. That's why it keeps getting halt and restarted or constant new directions.

Pat

See, I have to disagree on the Hulk. I think the Hulk is much more interesting and is a character with a lot of depth to it. I think the problem with the Thing is that he's a one trick pony. He's big, strong, and rocky. After you talk about the "I'm treated like a monster but I just want to be loved" thing a couple of times he gets stale really quick. Hulk is much more interesting because of Banner's split personality. Hulk isn't just a bigger, stronger, greener Banner. Now there are several different Hulk personalities. Gray Hulk, Professor Hulk, Salvage Hulk. You just have a lot more to play with there.

Pat

See, I have to disagree on the Hulk. I think the Hulk is much more interesting and is a character with a lot of depth to it. I think the problem with the Thing is that he's a one trick pony. He's big, strong, and rocky. After you talk about the "I'm treated like a monster but I just want to be loved" thing a couple of times he gets stale really quick. Hulk is much more interesting because of Banner's split personality. Hulk isn't just a bigger, stronger, greener Banner. Now there are several different Hulk personalities. Gray Hulk, Professor Hulk, Salvage Hulk. You just have a lot more to play with there.

Now, a Thing/Hulk team-up series. That would be worth my $3.

Now, a Thing/Hulk team-up series. That would be worth my $3.

Only if its done well which could be difficult for some writers. It could be interesting though if they could do a buddy limited series

We just need a true Marvel Team/Up series again. Not this lame one that is out right now.

Ohhhh, Hobby!!!! Them's fightin' words. I love the new Marvel Team-up book.

Anyway, I'd agree on the Hulk arguement if Banner was treated as an actual viable character. They haven't really dealt well with him in quite some time. Even Jones' run was marginal for the Banner character. But I do agree that this puts him over the top of the Thing as a character.

Pat

Actually, Ultimates has done pretty well with the Banner character. So, my statement wasn't 100% true. I'd just like to see a bit more of the scientist (actually, same thing with Spider-man/Parker too).

Pat