• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got an Overstreet handy? Need a quick look-up...

30 posts in this topic

Tim,

Go to "old pictures with comics" and click on the pic of the kid reading the Supes #19.

893whatthe.gifcloud9.gif

$825.00 Closed

yay.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

Final price of $924.00 once you add in the 12% buyer's premium. Works out to about 23% over guide which is probably not too bad for prime DC golden-age books.

Notice the 7.0 copy of Action #23 went for a price of $6,557.60 including buyer's premium which is virtually double guide for this grade. 893whatthe.gif

I thought multiples only appled for the higher grades. Maybe an indication that prices are still rather strong for prime semi-key books such as this one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Final price of $924.00 once you add in the 12% buyer's premium. Works out to about 23% over guide which is probably not too bad for prime DC golden-age books.

There are ugly 7.0s and nice 7.0s. The #31 looks very bright and clean, and has the added bonus of being a war cover from a year before Pearl Harbor. I'll gladly pay 25% over guide for nice copies like this one.

There are ugly 7.0s and nice 7.0s. The #31 looks very bright and clean, and has the added bonus of being a war cover from a year before Pearl Harbor. I'll gladly pay 25% over guide for nice copies like this one.

Certainly wouldn't disagree with you here.

BTW: Not only are nice 7.0's such as yours, there are also some pretty ugly 9.0's out there. Hard to figure out this grading thing sometimes. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ignoring for a moment that GA books in 6.0 or better often sell for over guide, does everyone assume that 7.0 guide value is halfway inbetween 6.0 and 8.0? When the 8.0 value is roughly double the 6.0 value that makes sense, but with some books listing at 2&1/2 to 3 times 6.0 value when they are in 8.0 does the 7.0 value automatically rise accordingly, or should it retain the same relationship to 6.0, that 6.0 has with 4.0?

For me, screw guide, I pay whatever it takes to get clean books I want. I tried to pay more than 3x guide for a Batman 73 off CLINK a while back and still got beat out by someone. I think the price Nearmint got on the Action was actually a steal and a smart move on his part. Early Actions can be found, but a clean copy like the one he snagged for slightly over guide (and we are talking about an old guide)was a great deal. Great colors, nice registration.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have made myself rather excited thinking about that Action. devil.gif