• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - I am converting to Scientology

193 posts in this topic

Yes, OK, laugh.

Bring on the schadenfreude, everybody.

I knew I should have payed more attention in German class.

(Harming Joy)

Shadenfreunde is taking mischievous pleasure in the misfortune of others.

This place is the Shadenfreundest... devil.gif

What's a shill??

If you mean a troll -- I'm not a troll. This was my first time posting on this board, though. I've lurked before but never posted.

I really am his wife, Sylvia.

Then who is this woman Rosie he keeps talking about?

He even asked me to ship some jewelry to her cause he wanted it to be a suprise

WHAT?!?!?

You're making that up, right? I know who Rosie is, and there's NO WAY that's true.

Really really not funny.

Well then why did I give her directions to maternity store my brother in law works at?

spermandegg_t.gif Damn I just waisted my 1100th post on spermies foreheadslap.gif

Joke might have been decent if he'd kept the wife angle out of it.

As is...it stinks. boo.gif

Took the joke a step too far...then didn't know when to stop...

My kid has the same problem...

Jim

No, not done crying. I think there's a lot of that in my future right now.

Ares -- now I know you're mocking. A brother-in-law who works at a maternity store? Come on, now. We must be speaking of two different people named Rosie.

Sal -- yeah, but honestly, they don't make any sense to me! Scientology has always seemed ludicrous to me. I always believed he felt the same way. Now all of a sudden it "makes sense" and is going to make his life better?? He won't convert to Judaism, but he will convert to Scientology? You can see why this is freaking me out so much, right?

Ares -- now I know you're mocking. A brother-in-law who works at a maternity store? Come on, now. We must be speaking of two different people named Rosie.

Why not? He needed work and just becuase he is a guys he cant work there?

Isn't that a sexists comment?

What colur is her hair

Sal -- yeah, but honestly, they don't make any sense to me! Scientology has always seemed ludicrous to me. I always believed he felt the same way. Now all of a sudden it "makes sense" and is going to make his life better?? He won't convert to Judaism, but he will convert to Scientology? You can see why this is freaking me out so much, right?

Shoot I would work at a maternity store..All the sex you want WITHOUT becoming a dad! 27_laughing.gif

He won't convert to Judaism, but he will convert to Scientology?

Maybe he just REALLY likes bacon.

Or shrimp.

Or three wives

Thats mormons

He won't convert to Judaism, but he will convert to Scientology?

Maybe he just REALLY likes bacon.

Or shrimp.

Or three wives

Thats mormons

Oh..I was just looking for a reason for a foursome. headbang.gif

How could anyone really be falling for this? 27_laughing.gif This had joke written all over it from the title of the thread.

Problem now is that Alex has a "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" problem. Meaning he now has taken a lame joke so far that he may have to follow through with it to try and save face. 27_laughing.gif

Might as well just come clean now and announce it's an April Fool's Day joke and take the lumps you will assuredly receive.

boo.gif

Joke might have been decent if he'd kept the wife angle out of it.

As is...it stinks. boo.gif

I have thought about it, and I have decided to convert back to my original religion.

OK, really, April fools! I appreciate your time and patience tonight, and I hope you have enjoyed this thread. I was only trying to give everyone a bit of a laugh.

All right, all right. Joke's over. But for the record, I am woman is my wife's ID, and that was her posting.

Sorry if you folks think I took this too far. I love you guys, and I love my wife. I thank her for taking part in this (even though she didn't want to).

For those I could'nt sway, you are too damn cynical for your own good. tongue.gif

That's it, something a little special for post #5000. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Alex flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

Alex, here is why I think you are lying. First, it's April first. Second, nobody actually "converts" to Scientology. They take a course called "Hubbard Apprentice Scientologist". The last step of the course is called "Opening Procedure by Duplication". I call it "Getting Duped". You do this procedure until you don't know up from down and you interpret this as "knowing" that your soul or thetan has left your body. At this point you admit to yourself that Scientology is the science of religion and you are going to devote yourself to achieving the ability to control Matter, Energy, Space and Time.

If I am wrong and you are really going to devote your life to Scientology you are making a big mistake, the biggest mistake of your life.

Please read Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health, the first book of Scientology, and blue line every promise L.Ron Hubbard makes. He promises things like perfect memory (and being able to use it!), perfect vision, computer-like mind, no colds, longer life, and on and on. Notice that Hubbard claims that he tested Scientology on 270 subjects and Dianetics worked every time. He says that it is as pure a science as Chemistry or Physics. Then please be honest with yourself. Do you see the effects Hubbard promises at the Toronto "church". If there is even one clear who wears glasses or blows there nose in cold season, Hubbard is lying.

Then ask the gang down at the org who Brian Levman is, who Michael Silverman is, who Emile Gilbert is and where all the Scientologist are from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. Ask them what members of the Toronto org went to jail for their crimes after the RCMP raids 20 years ago, and where they are now.

You can ask them who I am if you like, but with both know the answer-- a suppressive comic fan.

Go to Xenu.net. Search Scientology on google. Look around.

Then email me, through the board because my personal email isn't working well. I live in Toronto. I'll take you to Tim Horton's for a donut, on me, and we'll talk.

How could anyone really be falling for this? 27_laughing.gif This had joke written all over it from the title of the thread.

Problem now is that Alex has a "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" problem. Meaning he now has taken a lame joke so far that he may have to follow through with it to try and save face. 27_laughing.gif

Might as well just come clean now and announce it's an April Fool's Day joke and take the lumps you will assuredly receive.

boo.gif

He can disavow any knowledge of the wife bit and claim that he went to sleep right after his auctions were over with the intent to announce the next day. All is not lost smile.gif

For those I could'nt sway, you are too damn cynical for your own good. tongue.gif

Not cynical but sceptical..

By the way.. Rosie says little alex wont stop crying!